TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I have no idea on the plan, it was there when I got the buggy. The engine harness doesn't allow much movement now so it's going to stay there.
Well at least it's on the intake side, so it might not get too hot... when you return it to him, wrap it up in a cheesy wal-mart plastic bag to make a point to him that it's gonna get damaged where he placed it....

·
Registered
245 Posts
heep hood? easy killer heeps are all go and if SBC gets a hold of anything of anyones it will surely be nothing but all go, best fab work and suspension design work i have seen in the southeast and history of builds to prove it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
heep hood? easy killer heeps are all go and if SBC gets a hold of anything of anyones it will surely be nothing but all go, best fab work and suspension design work i have seen in the southeast and history of builds to prove it.
I'll agree with you on that. This buggy is for sure very nice.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well at least it's on the intake side, so it might not get too hot... when you return it to him, wrap it up in a cheesy wal-mart plastic bag to make a point to him that it's gonna get damaged where he placed it....
I think the plan is to build a box around it. Leaving it open like it is for now makes it easier to work around everything. I'm not thinking this buggy will see to much wood wheeling.

scottiebobbie - can talk more about the ECU plan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
the grill will have some yota flair before final assembly... the crusier hood was just too wide and didnt flow as well as the liberty hood did.

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
I'm sure I'm probably missing something but it doesn't look like there is gonna be any up travel out of those air shocks. I don't even know what I am talking about though. What am I missing?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'm sure I'm probably missing something but it doesn't look like there is gonna be any up travel out of those air shocks. I don't even know what I am talking about though. What am I missing?
Those have yet to be charged with Nitrogen...

·
Registered
3 Posts
the suspension is built completely collapsed so that he can make sure everything clears (control arms, track bar, driveshafts, etc)

·
Registered
57 Posts
the pcm is there because it is will make the wiring neat and is easy to get to. as far as water it will have a piece of aluminum covering the cowl area and when you are in a buggy like this you steer away from mud and usally don't ride in the rain. where it is mounted if a rock was to hit it you would also be dodging them in the seat.the owners brother has a toyota truggy and his computer mounted on the kick panel of his cab sees alot of abuse and pressure washing and it has fared just fine. we will see

i thought the jeep hood would bring it luck????????

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
the pcm is there because it is will make the wiring neat and is easy to get to. as far as water it will have a piece of aluminum covering the cowl area and when you are in a buggy like this you steer away from mud and usally don't ride in the rain. where it is mounted if a rock was to hit it you would also be dodging them in the seat.????????
Agreed - I just wanted to mention that on my V6 Tacoma Buggy, my ecu got fried in a down-pour at Jellico one WE-ROCK competition, after replacing it and keeping it in a more water tight location, preventing moisture from getting to it ever again I never had a problem again. Mine was mounted in the passenger compartment under the dash even - It could be dumb luck, but had I protected it before I started competing, I would never have been dead in the "water" at that competition - (just food for thought).

the owners brother has a toyota truggy and his computer mounted on the kick panel of his cab sees alot of abuse and pressure washing and it has fared just fine. we will see.
Must be a hell of an ecu - or well insulated or something.... Oh well - just trying to help - that's all :)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
saw a perfect buggy hood the other day at the junkyard....

it was a jaguar hood :D

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well it runs. Blake picked it up tonight to take it back to Scotts.

·
Your Rig Sucks
618 Posts
And I can get one of those harnesses when and where? Seriously I'd like to strip mine down to bare essentials.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
And I can get one of those harnesses when and where? Seriously I'd like to strip mine down to bare essentials.
If you are serious give me a call. 678-858-1867

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
new pics it runs and drives and is ready for a shakedown run.

Dude ya need to find a new picture host. Ive got the adult friend finder ad 3 or 4 times now.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts