TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i just bought a 2002 used taco a week ago and thought it was stock but i think it has AAL on it, i took a picture because im not really sure if it is or not. please let me know if it is because it still has the stock bils on, is that something i should be worried about . also, it has no spacer kit or coilover or any kind of lift in the front. wierd
thanks for any help
-darren
www.soriaclothing.com/images/LEAFS.jpg

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
ok so i just bought a 2002 used taco a week ago and thought it was stock but i think it has AAL on it, i took a picture because im not really sure if it is or not. please let me know if it is because it still has the stock bils on, is that something i should be worried about . also, it has no spacer kit or coilover or any kind of lift in the front. wierd
thanks for any help
-darren

No AAL. You're fine.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
hmm what does an AAL look like then??
like an extra leaf ;)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
thanks for any help
-darren

Were you thinking of the really thick upside down leaf in that pic? That's you overload spring. If you max your springs out (too much weight), it will sit on those big fat springs.'

--Scott

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
bah. humbug.
sorry, couldn't resist ;)

some of the earlier Tacos had a 3-leaf pk (2 main leaves and 1 overload) but Toyota quickly figured out their screw-up and changed to a 4-leaf pk. Chances are that you have that one so you should have 3 leaves + the overload.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahh ha i see, yea i thought that was the add a leaf, im real new at this stuff but learning alot everyday. thanks for the clear up. so does my set up suck compared to the 4 leafs and does that hurt anything when i do AAL this week???
gracias
-darren

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
ocdp2000 said:
ahh ha i see, yea i thought that was the add a leaf, im real new at this stuff but learning alot everyday. thanks for the clear up. so does my set up suck compared to the 4 leafs and does that hurt anything when i do AAL this week???
gracias
-darren
If your truck is a 2002, then you have the 4 leaf pack, as hytenor said. Three leaves plus an overload (big fat one). It will not matter for the AAl install.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Fishbone
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing