TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of those with the utility rail system on thier Tacoma's I have found a easy way to hold down your jacks without putting a hole in the bed... What you will need is two 1/2 in X 3 1/2 in bolts, 4 washers, and 6 nuts. The bolt heads will slide into the utility rail system on your truck and give the jack something to attach to... Use one washer and a nut per bolt to hold it in place on the rail system then place one more nut on each of the bolts screwing it down to about 8 threads from the other nut. Set your jack on the bolts, slide the last washers on then simply secure the jack to the rail system. All in all the parts should cost about $4.50 from any hardware store which beats the hell out of the expensive mounts you get elsewhere! IF you do this right the jack base will be about a 1/4 of a in from the rail system and not vibrate at all.... IF you need pictures let me know and I will send a few... Happy WHEELIN!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Prob... Know we would all rather spend our money on fixing carnage rather than expensive ways to carry our gear.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I did something similar, except I "hung" a piece of steel from the rail system on both ends of the back of the bed, and then mounted a second bolt to the steel that holds the hi-lift, and I used wing nuts on the back side for quicker access to the jack when I need it. Works great though - I haven't had any issues with the rail system handling the weight of the jack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How long have you had it on the rail system... Wondering if there will be any long term effects on it. Nice truck by the way Jacket. Noticed it as stock and wondering if you still have the old steps and light bar for the front?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
How long have you had it on the rail system... Wondering if there will be any long term effects on it. Nice truck by the way Jacket. Noticed it as stock and wondering if you still have the old steps and light bar for the front?
Thanks. Sold all that stuff over the winter when I realized I wouldn't be happy with the truck has a kid hauler only LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts