TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
Cool photos, hey did that Shell station give you guys a discount for flying/driving their colors? ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Cool pics Bill. Good to see a nice size turnout. Bring em with you to Tall Corn Event Sept 7-9, 2007. ;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ThePinkTaco said:
How do you remember which FJ is yours? So many yellow and silver ones.
I'm glad I don't live in your neighborhood. Sounds like you walk into any house that is the same color as yours ;)

SAR_Squid79 said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa...

When and where was this? I might have shown up for this one.

Nice pics!

Thanks Jamie,
I had never been there before and didn't know how it would be. I thought it might be a bike path or just a dirt road. It turns out there were some obstacles. I'll keep ya in the know next time.

TEJASYOTA said:
Cool photos, hey did that Shell station give you guys a discount for flying/driving their colors? ;)
Wish they did. My MT's are sucking the green out of my wallet.

Renaud33 said:
Cool pics Bill. Good to see a nice size turnout. Bring em with you to Tall Corn Event Sept 7-9, 2007. ;)

Thanks Kurt,
I'll make sure I do what I can to get them to tag along. :)

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
FJ Dragon said:
Thanks Jamie,
I had never been there before and didn't know how it would be. I thought it might be a bike path or just a dirt road. It turns out there were some obstacles. I'll keep ya in the know next time.
That's cool, but where was this place at?

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
valkyrie said:
It *appears* to be using a power line cut, which in most areas are prohibited. If they have the requisite written permission of the landowner it's not an issue.

If not, it doesn't dovetail with this forum's support of Tread Lightly.
got it :D Kinda what I thought.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Judging by the reply on the other forum where this was posted:
PhilC64 said:
"Considering the location, lets just say it's near I-55 and I-294. Whomever found this place was wise enough to keep it quiet! Nothing personal, just don't want to ruin a good thing for several people!"
I think it's safe to assume they snuck off and were trespassing as they tore the place up.

Obviously not a wise practice, only worsened by publicly broadcasting the pics...

I hope I am wrong in my assumption.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
valkyrie said:
Judging by the reply on the other forum where this was posted:
I think it's safe to assume they snuck off and were trespassing as they tore the place up.

Obviously not a wise practice, only worsened by publicly broadcasting the pics...

I hope I am wrong in my assumption.
You're wrong. Also annoying.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
FJ Dragon said:
WTF?

It doesn't seem like you appreciate the problems of land use if you charcterize me as "annoying" because I questioned the location. If you understood the issues a little better, you might understand why it's important to post a little background before you publish pictures that could be questioned...

Something as simple as "The area is owned by Conglomerate Power Company and written permission was obtained" or "This area is Joe Schmuckatelli's father's land and his permission was obtained".

Not a very hard step considering the ramifications... on the contrary, such an extra step would be a small victory in the effort to portray ourselves as responsible wheelers.

Good to see no one brought their surfboards. :)

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
FJ Dragon said:
I don't think that Chris is accusing you of anything or being annoying in any way. On the contrary, I think that he was being very respectful of you until the truth about the property on which you were wheeling came out. He was only questioning the situations...not assuming or accusing. Honestly, I think your statement above was not only disrespectful but was in poor taste.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts