TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trip was an all day event. There were two big Jeep groups in front of us. We met up with Todefy at the trail head and bjarker at the rock garden. I struggled most of the day, I think I was trying a little too hard to impress my passenger.... :lmao:. The shakedown for Al's 84 and Forrest's 86 turbo turned out pretty well. They both did great out there and there will be a few minor changes to their stuff. I came away with some new body damage and a fragged rear drive shaft. Forrest's girlfriend did great in her stock Cherokee. Did all or most of the obstacles, but came away with alot of body damage. Its time for some :saw: and some :welder: for her.

I ended up bangin up my cab and bed on a big rock

We are going to be workin on a video, so I will post that up as soon as its done.

·
Registered
414 Posts
My buddy got a bunch of pics and some video. I'll be getting with him to load 'em up asap.
Almost flopped, saved by a rock to the door.

Definitely a good day, other than the 20 jeeps ahead of us having no sense of trail etiquette. Would have cut our time on the trail in half if they had bothered to let us pass instead of parking in the middle of the trail and leaving their rigs every 100 feet.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Looks like a great time. Maybe one day I'll get the balls up to try a trail this tough :eek:

Definitely a good day, other than the 20 jeeps ahead of us having no sense of trail etiquette. Would have cut our time on the trail in half if they had bothered to let us pass instead of parking in the middle of the trail and leaving their rigs every 100 feet.
Damn. That always sucks when others are up there and don't respect other people who are out to enjoy the same thing! :mad:

·
20,355 Posts
Looks fun cannt wait to get out down there.

On the popular trails you gotta expect to sit in line on saturdays unless you get there early. Did anyone as to get by?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Was a good time ended up camping on the trail friday night, wasnt too cold, but watching all those jeeps go by wasnt fun, waiting on you slow asses j/k, tried some new lines, and made them with suprise and a little body damage...........but not as bad as todefy, but hey it adds character right:D

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is my carnage haha
Driver fender

Hood

Driver rocker, some was already there

Rear drive shaft

And my cab corner and bed side from eariler in the pics.

·
7,735 Posts
oof, that drive shaft doesn't look like it's got much life in it... neither does your door sil. :lmao:

And people wonder why I always recommend sliders for OCG even with all the reports of driving their mothers celica thru it with "no problems"

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oof, that drive shaft doesn't look like it's got much life in it... neither does your door sil. :lmao:

And people wonder why I always recommend sliders for OCG even with all the reports of driving their mothers celica thru it with "no problems"
Haha for sure. My rocker has been pretty banged up since I bought it, but sliders would have helped a lot for this run. I have a few parts to replace, but then again I might leave everything the way it is. It adds character ya know?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How did you manage to massage the hood?!?

I have a spare if you need it.
There is a tree on the far right "easy" line of the ledges. I waxed one of the branches. I may just leave it the way it is. Adds a character haha. Not sure yet tho

1 - 20 of 42 Posts