TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone been up there lately? i bet its totally snowed in, but wanted to do a camping/fishing trip in the next weekend or so. anyone have a clue? i will probably go up there this week to see if no one has been. let me know. and if you are interested its free to camp, and ive heard there is good trout fishing too.

henry

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Where is that? I mean I am a c-rado Native and I have no idea. Nice sexy flexy shots on Carnage BTW... :D

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my little hidden gem

first, i wish that was me flexin on carnage. youre talkin about that run with ric right? wasnt me. totally wish it was though, i'll be there soon enough. :banghead: as far as chinn's lake, its the best secret in colorado. take I70 to exit 238 (fall river road). go up fall river road about 6.5 miles. right before the second big switchback, there is a dirt road. it is rainbow rd. follow rainbow road about 3.5 miles back. i'd say its a 2 rated trail right now. but there is some very tight squeezes between snow and rocks. i made it 2 miles in yesterday and hit 5 foot snow drifts. since i was all by my lonesome, i decided not to bash. you can camp next to the lake, and its free!!!!! plus, good trout fishing as well. its around loch lomond, if you've heard. i was gonna camp there, but obviously the snow drifts stopped that plan. maybe next time, but definitely gotta get tc and you and your friend that just moved to arvada and her man, and me and my lady and get some campin in a beautiful secluded place. hey you guys wheelin this weekend?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well chinn's lake is the first lake you hit. looks like a fun snow run. there are a zillion trails right around there.

·
Registered
618 Posts
chinn's lake

It might be a little early for fishing Chinn's. I've got a buddy who lives right there, I'll ask him. And stop giving away my fishing spot.:mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts