TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd never heard of this great restaurant known as Chipotle until I moved to Minnesota. Out of curiosity I just went to the Chipotle website and did a location search for 'Georgia' with no luck. Then I put in Atlanta, and it popped up with a gang of Chipotle restaurants.

Anyone else a fan?

For me it's a burrito with a little rice -> steak -> pinto beans -> hot salsa -> sour cream -> extra cheese. Plus they have the best fountain coke I've ever tasted. Much like Taco Bell has the best fountain Pepsi I've ever tasted.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
they had them in cincinnati when i did my internship up there and i loved that place. it puts moes to shame. i really wish we had them here...or at least where i can get to them.

give the burrito bowl a shot with and then put the green tabasco habanero sauce on it. the burrito bowl is hands down my favorite thing on their menu.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Just got one on the strip, just 5 minutes walk away

·
Registered
215 Posts
Honestly I'd take Moe's over Chipolte any day. They are not bad but for the money they are no better than Moe's. Willy's is better than them both but they are mainly inside Atlanta and I am not driving to Atlanta for a burrito.

·
Registered
710 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have a Moe's in Rome, and I only ate there once. I wasn't impressed. That was in like 2004.. and since then my tastes have changed a bit. Maybe I'll go there again in March when the wife, kid, and I are down in GA again.

Oh.. and I love Chipotle's chips.

Do you guys have Qdoba's? They're similar.. the only thing I like about them is that they have nachos. Chipotle should server nachos.

·
Banned
4,181 Posts
We have a Barberitos down in Statesboro and it put the Moe's to shame, I got what I typically got at Moe's which includes hot queso on the burrito itself and it cause me 7 dollars and at Moe's it was 9 and the food and atmosphere was better.

Not getting nickled and dimed makes me happy

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Chipotle has an interesting business story, started in Denver (iirc) by a gourmet chef that wanted to start a chain to basically finance his upscale restaurant. He sold the concept to McDonalds for like $100 million.

I've only eaten there once and while it struck me as seeming "healthier" than Moe's I'd prefer Moe's over it. It's been awhile though so maybe i'll have to try it again soon.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
If you know what Mestizo really means, thats funny.

I may never eat at Zaxby's after finding out that most of their meals are 1100+ calories. :eek:
i only ate there once, and i dont know what it means...

well in that case i need to eat zaxby's more often!:p

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol

(I hit 'reply' so I could do my 'lol @ the skinny bit. It brings up the login screen where I proceed to type in my username, and then I typed 'lol' as my password on accident. So, now I can only really laugh at myself.)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I ate there last night after seeing this thread. The menu is nice and simple, the food was spicier that i was expecting, but overall it was pretty good. The guacamole was pretty awesome. I would say that the food was about the same as Moe's. It was a really nice change though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts