TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get some sliders for the ride. (courtesy of the wife and kid). for a 03 double cab, In your wisdom, what do you recommend in the way of round tube sliders. I heard of Demello, Stubbs, Get Bent, Allpro, :confused: :confused: Any Advise from the peeps who own them. And how about the bolt on or the weld on? :confused: :confused: Thx.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
I vote for Demello. The bolt on ones are kinda a pain, since you have to drill the frame in few spots at least on the 05's.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
No significant drilling required on early models, pricey though but the hybrids are sweet. I ll sell you mine and buy a set if you want.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
jdblatt said:
I am looking to get some sliders for the ride. (courtesy of the wife and kid). for a 03 double cab, In your wisdom, what do you recommend in the way of round tube sliders. I heard of Demello, Stubbs, Get Bent, Allpro, :confused: :confused: Any Advise from the peeps who own them. And how about the bolt on or the weld on? :confused: :confused: Thx.

The Demello's are really nice, DennisDawg from SoCal TTORA has them on his Tacoma (he ran with me @ TDS Safari). But I kind of like my All Pro Off Road sliders (welded on). The difference is the way that the back end protrudes out to help push your truck off of rocks and other obstacles. I know that they saved my ass a couple of times @ TDS this past weekend! I saw them on Sarah's Tacoma @ TDS as well, she said that they saved her truck as well.
Just my :2cents: :xdevil:

·
Registered
801 Posts
Stubbs weld ons. The standard ones are affordable and super strong.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I second Stubbs. He does quality work. In my case we had some issues with fitment and he was very good about making it right.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen Kurts and I like. But what is the deal with the "kicker" at the back? and does it look dorky on a d-cab?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Dont get the one with the kick outs. Im not a fan of that look. Danimallv has the Delux model which is half square and half round. They are pretty heavy duty. I have the standard ones with the friendly cant angle and they have been great. I came down hard on them last weekend and there is a little scratch on them. With out them I would of had so much damage I would not of been able to open my door.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I know I sound like a broken record, but take a pic or drawing of what you want to Woolworth motorsports and see what it would cost to get em done! Maybe able to get something semi custom for a good price, and local too, if you want the weld on they would probably be able to take care of that too.

But Demello and Stubbs do make nice stuff, can't go wrong either way.

Mike

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kurt, were the sliders on your truck you hammered? You were the one how told me about Stubbs, and how happy you were with them. Mike, That is a good idea, Even better that you know them.(if you know what I mean....$$).

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yeah, right after the "upskirt" shot I came down hard on the drivers front side.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Beating the hell out of your truck.............Good job! (Takes a-licking ..and keeps on ticking). For you younger peeps, that is a old Timex watch commercial.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I got the Stubbs. got them off e-bay for $187.50 $31.00 for s&h. And he offers a unconditional guarantee, He's also a good guy to talk to. Maybe this weekend I'll be :welder: ??????? :D :D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
SWEET! Congrats man! The little extra protection provides a huge sence of security!

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts