TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Santa Rosa 4x4's will be making a run to the Covelo area to cut Christmas Trees on Saturday December 11th. We will leave from the Coddingtown shopping center in Santa Rosa early Saturday morning, I will post the exact time tomorrow but I would guess between 6-8am. It is a one day trip.

If you would like to go but want to split the trip up so you dont have to get up so early Saturday morning, e-mail me and I can set up a place for you to stay on Friday night.

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
TRD4ME / PARKSOFFROAD.COM said:
The Santa Rosa 4x4's will be making a run to the Covelo area to cut Christmas Trees on Saturday December 11th. We will leave from the Coddingtown shopping center in Santa Rosa early Saturday morning, I will post the exact time tomorrow but I would guess between 6-8am. It is a one day trip.

If you would like to go but want to split the trip up so you dont have to get up so early Saturday morning, e-mail me and I can set up a place for you to stay on Friday night.
Whats the covelo area like nevermind i saw pics on your website. Looks like stock rigs made the trip. Ive got the original bfgs with about half the tread left, 37K miles. Were is this place located? I live in the san jose area. Thanks.

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TRDUSA2002 said:
Whats the covelo area like? Thanks.
Covelo is a town that we pass through on the way up the mountain. The area that we will be cutting trees in is basically fairly major fire roads and main dirt roads, but they dont maintain them for winter use and there is gonna be snow. It will be similar to last year, it really depends on the snow levels:

xmas tree run 2003

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Covelo is a town that we pass through on the way up the mountain. The area that we will be cutting trees in is basically fairly major fire roads and main dirt roads, but they dont maintain them for winter use and there is gonna be snow. It will be similar to last year, it really depends on the snow levels:

xmas tree run 2003
Is it pretty easy for a beginner? Ive never driven in the snow but it looks like fun. What do you recommend?

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TRDUSA2002 said:
Is it pretty easy for a beginner? Ive never driven in the snow but it looks like fun. What do you recommend?
I recommend you go. Check back here tomorrow night late or e-mail me off line.

·
Registered
741 Posts

is it going to be at Hytenors ranch?

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TacomaNova said:
is it going to be at Hytenors ranch?
No, it is up by Covelo, about an hour north of his ranch. If there are people that want to go but dont want to have to get up so early to make the drive, e-mail me and I can set up a place for a few people to stay here for the night.

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just an update: You need to have a permit to cut a tree, it is $10 for the permit. Problem is that the ranger station is only open to get them M-F, so I am going to go up on Friday morning to buy everyones permits. I need to know your first/last name and also your city to put on the permit. You need to let me know if you are going, you can e-mail me at pete(at)parksoffroad.com

931 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Had a great time on the tree run. I lead 5 rigs and we met up with 16 other rigs from the Mendocino club. Everyone had fun, no damage or breakage, everyone got great trees. I will have info up soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts