TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have the Bump's....

How do you like them? Did they make a good noticeable difference?

I have the DR's front and back on my '05 Dub Cab 4x4....did a little wheeling last weekend and found the front of my truck bouncing and bottoming in comparison to the rear. Was fairly high speed whoop terrain. Was thinking about running bumps in the front to help alleviate the bottoming.

Thanx

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok, i'll be the dick who'll tell you to search, but what is the point of replying w/o helping you right, so I went ahead and found this for you.

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57672&highlight=jounce

You will still bottom out even with air bumps. The only difference is that it will be more of a controlled bump i.e. not so rough. Also it is odd that the front is the one bouncing when it's usually the lighter rear end area that should be bucking. If you really want it I would say go for it. It will only do you more.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Baja_Jay said:
Ok, i'll be the dick who'll tell you to search, but what is the point of replying w/o helping you right, so I went ahead and found this for you.

You will still bottom out even with air bumps. The only difference is that it will be more of a controlled bump i.e. not so rough. Also it is odd that the front is the one bouncing when it's usually the lighter rear end area that should be bucking. If you really want it I would say go for it. It will only do you more.
haha, learning quick with your first post..

Austin

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Baja_Jay said:

Appreciate the input Jay ;) ...I am familiar with that thread, not very much objective info on there from people who actually have the set-up, just a couple replys. Trying to see if any others with input that have the set-up on a tacoma.

Anyway, I was also surprised to see the rear of my truck was more controlled than the front. All I have in the rear is the alcan AAL & 1" block.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
There is a member named SCEXPLORER who has them installed front and rear on his Tacoma. PM him and he would answer any questions you have I bet.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
installing mine next week, and hopefully the week after a little shakedown run.trying to get some spares in the back too for some weight.

·
Registered
668 Posts
tacundra said:
All I have in the rear is the alcan AAL & 1" block.
whoa, high speed whoop terrain on AAL and a block? you SURE its your front that is riding so rough? before spending more money on the chubby's, you sure you don't want to invest in all new leafs first? just a thought...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mikesdoublecab said:
whoa, high speed whoop terrain on AAL and a block? you SURE its your front that is riding so rough? before spending more money on the chubby's, you sure you don't want to invest in all new leafs first? just a thought...

That is what is surprising to me. Yes, it is the front that is bucking worse than the rear. It is in my plans to replace the leafs...thinking Dakar. :saw:

Appreciate the input everyone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts