TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out there last night and they have pretty much flattened out the washouts that we use to play in. The spots on 16, 14, 11, and the big sand hills over on the old railroad have been graded out flat. Guess we will need a lot of rain to get them all washed back out again.

·
FL VP
962 Posts
And I get a ticket for going though mud. Sure don't think a dozer fits to damn well on some of them trails. So who is really out there tearing up nature. O we have a badge we can do what the hell we want. Now that place will be like going to Croom. Watch, Richloam is next. Maybe will see a celica out in Richloam soon. Might save my money and just get a prerunner cause 4wheel drive is about usless in this state anymore.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
And I get a ticket for going though mud. Sure don't think a dozer fits to damn well on some of them trails. So who is really out there tearing up nature. O we have a badge we can do what the hell we want. Now that place will be like going to Croom. Watch, Richloam is next. Maybe will see a celica out in Richloam soon. Might save my money and just get a prerunner cause 4wheel drive is about usless in this state anymore.
LT 4x2 is where it's at here. That's what I was thinking the entire time in Ocala. Only need to engage 4x4 through the sugar sand if you slow down or try to get stuck. I want to build a sand rail for Florida offroading and just haul ass everywhere.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah, you don't have to worry about Richloam, at least not as long as they are letting hunters run dogs out there. They are tearing the roads up out there much worse than we ever could. I have found a few spots that we never really went to before that are getting washed out pretty good. I will just have to go back out there during the next big rain and help them out some.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i dunno went out there about almost 3 months ago and they had the state workers out there flattening the roads every where!!!! i was scouting where i was gonna hunt and they didnt like how i going threw the mud and warned me about a ticket and getting arrested for recking GOV roads.

and half the trails i went in my truck was almost sank my truck! the mud holes where just insanely to DEEP! someone dug them up BAD! and we also found a steel plate with rebars welded on them in some mud holes where the water dried up! after seeing that who knows now if your gonna have ties to get home.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dunno went out there about almost 3 months ago and they had the state workers out there flattening the roads every where!!!! i was scouting where i was gonna hunt and they didnt like how i going threw the mud and warned me about a ticket and getting arrested for recking GOV roads.

and half the trails i went in my truck was almost sank my truck! the mud holes where just insanely to DEEP! someone dug them up BAD! and we also found a steel plate with rebars welded on them in some mud holes where the water dried up! after seeing that who knows now if your gonna have ties to get home.
Yea, last time I was out in richloam during hunting season that place was a zoo. And after seeing trucks running around on 2.5 tons and 50" tractor tires you can see how the mudholes get so deep out there. Usually the only time they fix the roads out in richloam is when they are going to start logging an area so the semi trucks can get in to haul the loads out without getting stuck. And as far as someone putting things in the mudholes, thats just someone being an ass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts