TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so far I know you must retain some what of the production motor in the truck. I know it has to have all of SCORE's caging, window nets, etc.

My question is, what can you do with the suspension? From photos it looks as if you have to run stock suspension (UCA and LCA) but you can run a bypass and coilover.

Can some clairify what you can run in SCORE Class 7S/SX.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
7s - From the 2006 SCORE rule book, though as far as I know nothing has changed.

Suspension Components

Spindles may be of any manufacturer and may be reinforced. Front and rear suspension must be of the same manufacture, shape, size and configuration as originally produced and installed on the chassis to which it is mounted. All suspension components except shock absorbers and rear leaf springs will remain in the original stock locations and original stock mounting methods maitained. All components will be original manufacturers design with the exception of the shock absorbers.
A-arsm, I-beams, and front axles must remain stock as delivered on the chassis to which it is mounted. Parts may be strengthened by adding material but must remain stock shape, size and configuration as delivered from the manufacturer. Stock pivot point locations must be retained. Mounting points may be strengthened. Ball joints may be of any manufacturer. Front springs must remain in stock locations and retain original stock concept (leaf, coil, torsion). Rates and capacities of springs are open.
Rear springs may be lengthened to equal that of the longest stock production rear leag spring as delivered by the manufacturer on a mini or mid-sized pickup. As of now the legal maximum length is 57.5". If a manufacturer produces a longer spring than the one that is delivered on your vehicle you may increase you spring length to the same as that spring as long as they are mounted in the original stock manner (under frame, side of frame) and frame is not modified. Spring may be mounted above or below axle. Rates and capacities of springs open. Two single point anti-wrap up bars may be used on the rear differential.
Stock front and rear track width must be retained +/- 2".
Stock sway bars may be removed.
All suspension components must be retained except for those allowed to be removed above.
Front wheel travel limited to 12 inches.

Shock absorbers and bump stops.

Number of shocks and mounting methods are optional. Mounting points may be strengthed and design modified. Shocks may not protrude though the hood.
No remote mounted shocks.
Hydraulic bump stops are allowed as long as frame and wheel travel rules are observed. No air shocks.

As far as I can tell 7sx is the same as far as suspension goes, you can just run a 4300cc motor as opposed to a 3000cc in 7s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts