TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Classic City to do work on their trucks and did you have a good experience with them? I am going to have the knuckles rotated and a few other problems checked out in an attempt to make it to the tellico cleanup. I got prices from 4x4 customs and think they are a little high. Classic City needs to see the truck before they can come up with a quote, but they have a $45 a hour shop charge. I could go to PORC, but I want to try someone else.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Is Classic City that place off Lexington Rd? Might not be, but if it is their customer service is really good. Bought a few things from them a while back and was very pleased. Also loosened some bolts for me a few months back with their impact wrench, didn't charge (a tire store down the road said they'd have to charge labor!).

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Yes, Greg and I both had our lockrights installed there. I have nothing but good things to say about them, prices were best for around here and customer service is reallllllly good. They do really good work. It is probably about an hour and a half away from you, but I would say it is worth the drive. From all other people that have had work done there, they had nothing but good things to say.

Good luck

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Gregs was done at PORC with is off Atlanta Hwy. I had my old 44 turned by classic. They are mostly a jeep shop but they do good work.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Most shops in the southeast are jeep shops. Someone needs to step up with an all yota shop.

·
Registered
888 Posts
CCOR is pretty good. I had Matt weld up a few things on the back of my 85. The welds look great, their price was the best but they do mainly Jeep stuff. Matt does know a good bit about Toys too though.

Ol' Scott, the place your talking about is Bumper to Bumper on Lexington Rd. I work there and we do sell some offroad stuff. We have to order most everything though and our prices really can't compare to web stuff. My boss has a nasty Toy/4.3 vortec rig and he does a good bit of custom work like cages, gear setups and misc stuff. Oh yeah, you left that note on my truck one night at Walmart near Lowes. Your truck looks good by the way!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Thanks. My girlfriend and I pulled into Wal-Mart that night and I said "What if I had that truck?" and she said something along the lines of "Thats the PERFECT truck". Figured I'd leave a note of recognition. I think I saw you the other night coming off the bypass heading towards Wal-Mart.

I think I remember talking to your boss a couple years ago about his truck. Everytime I drive by there I always slow down to take a good look at it.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
crawlrunner said:
Not that it was a particularly good one but Smokey Mountain Off Road in Murphy seems to be GONE?
There is a Smokey Mountain Off Road in Blairsville, GA and Knoxville, TN. Mybe they moved and one of the above is them.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I dropped the truck off last week with them and had a meeting about what needed to done yesterday. They worked on it yesteday afternoon and had fixed the brakes, e-cable, removed the steering box, cut a few things, and go ready to rotate the pinion angle. They are going to see if PSC will correct the play in the steering box. I hope they are able to because I didn't send the steering box out to come back in worse condition. So far, I have been pleased with their customer service. I can not wait to see the final product.

Pinion angle completed. Damn, they work fast! Still waiting on the steering box. Once the box is done all the truck lacks is an alignment and front driveshaft. One step closer to Tellico!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Saw your truck today Chris, I was getting my sliders welded on up at Classic City. It looks great, can't wait to see it in action. What size tires were you planning on running?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
hows the truck, got an update yet?
-daniel

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks.
I'm going to run the 35's that are on it to see what it does before I move to a 37.

They have received the steering box back from PSC and plan to have me pick it up late today. It all depends on if PSC rebuilt the box right and no other problems occur.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
glad to hear it chris!
-daniel

·
Registered
172 Posts
Classic city off road

Whats up Daniel! I just wanted to say that classic city off road does do a lot of jeep work but they do Toyota's and anything other make and model very well! Ive had them work on everything I own. Fords toytas and my jeep of course! They have great prices and fast service and they do it right the first time! Just wanted to say nice to meet you chris and the truck looks great! Jw yours is lookin good too!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Smokey Mtn Off Road closed in Murphy and moved to Blairsville.

Scott has now opened a shop in Gainesville, Ga. SBC Offroad Engineering on Thompson Mill Rd.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jwbehm said:
Saw your truck today Chris, I was getting my sliders welded on up at Classic City. It looks great, can't wait to see it in action. What size tires were you planning on running?
Jordan, I picked up your book when I picked up the truck yesterday.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts