TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would relay this cheap trick after searching to see if it is here already. If you don't like oil all over your steering rack, skid plate or arm when replacing your oil filter on the 2.7l engine(maybe others), you can cut a Gatorade quart bottle just below where it tapers to the mouth. It then fits perfectly around the filter. When you get the filter loose, but before the gasket breaks it seal, put the cut quart container around the filter and it will catch the oil that pours out, then you can lower it cleanly down and flip it into your oil change container, without getting a drop spilled.
Cheap and easy
Cheers

·
Registered
366 Posts
yeah I've been re-using zip-lock freezer bags for this for a few changes now, SO much better!!

Scuba, does that valve sit up inside a stock skid? Pictures of quick-drains always look like they hang down a bit, in the way of everything passing under my truck..

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Sas'ing helps with this problem!

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
Scuba, does that valve sit up inside a stock skid? Pictures of quick-drains always look like they hang down a bit, in the way of everything passing under my truck..
I'm not sure. I never had it on with stock skids. Only the skid row skids.
But, I would assume that they would fit and be covered on stock skids. The skid row skids still mount to the same place that the stock skids mount to.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I just read about this in a magazine at work and im gonna get one before my next change to see how it does filterglove.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts