TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what else i could use other than the cleaning kit to clean my air filter. I read online at true flow.com that I could use simple green or any non caustic cleaners, but do i have to oil it after? and what other types of oil can I use?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Just get the cleaning kit and forget about it. Every 25000, and you get 3 or 4 cleans at least from the kit, seriously- not worth messing with. Unless you just clean it with whatever and get their oil, either way the investment isn't worth the time spent thinking about it.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,585 Posts
Using any type of mild cleaner shouldn't be a problem, but I'd recommend using their oil. Bottom line, just buy their kit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I was thinking i would try using gas first, then a mild detergent like laundry soap to clean it. This is what i do with my cr250 filters (twin air foam). I use a super tacky Bell Ray filter oil on my dirtbike filter after that, and i never get oily residue in my airbox, but then again i'm sure my bike doesn't breath as hard as a truck. i live in Canada, so i have to special order stuff, so it's a pain, but i will try and get the kit when it's time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts