TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm wondering if any of you have ever removed each individual fuel injector and cleaned them. We've all put seafoam and the like in our gas, but does it really clean the grime and crud on our injectors?

I was thinking about doing this. Anybody have any pro's and con's on the matter?

·
Registered
530 Posts
i don't think you can clean them by removing them,without having voltage to the injector to open and close it..Carry the whole truck to the Toyota dealer and have them clean the injectors(like $90)would save you the time of removing yours.The stuff they use Really cleans them too..just my opinion

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I just took it to a dealer and they cleaned them using the BG44 6-step process, but I just wanted to pull one to see if they are really cleaned.

Think about it, if I would take a dirty injector, and just set in submersed in the stuff that they let your engine run on, all the grime and stuff would just melt away into suspension?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Coppertone said:
Well, I just took it to a dealer and they cleaned them using the BG44 6-step process, but I just wanted to pull one to see if they are really cleaned.

Think about it, if I would take a dirty injector, and just set in submersed in the stuff that they let your engine run on, all the grime and stuff would just melt away into suspension?

never heard of the BG44 6 step process,most of the toyota dealers i know of use a pressurized can the truck runs off of,and that stuff Cleans the injectors Great..i seen the injectors before and after they were cleaned in a old 91 toyota i had.

i wouldn't soak the injector in that stuff,it might f the injectors up,when the engine is running off of the cleaner it's pressurized(helps clean it better if you ask me,rather than just letting it soak)..

·
Registered
68 Posts
The stuff is a BG product the injecter cleaner is 44K.
I think you can buy it at napa. We have it in our shop here.
it works great.

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
I pulled my injector off and cleaned them, but all I did was let the bottom half sit in seafoam and then removed some of the harder stuff with a pick then soaked them again and it did a real good job. Here is the thread clicky clicky

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
Well if you read the whole thread it explains everything.

·
Bear's Chauffeur
2,240 Posts
well I was responding to his question. But good link sounds real reasonable if you can be without your truck for a week, which I can't, wish I could cause that sounds like the thing to do. Cause all I did was clean what I could see which obviously isn't much on our injectors. But On my 2 and 3rd injectors all I could see was only 2 ports after cleaning I could see all 4, So it would have had to helped a little.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Coppertone said:
Thanks for that ^^^!!!!!!!

How was the performance gain?

Did you have to replace any gaskets or anything?
You will definitely need to replace the o-rings if you pull the injectors. And make sure you don't pinch one when replacing the injectors. Those little buggers get expensive (just ask the Dick)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Injector cleaning

Do do it right. Send them to Russ at RC Engineering. We use their services for years and the do it right. Period..
Flowbenched, balanced and reports for each.
Seafoam's lame, but I guess on paper it is better than nothing.
eric

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
ShawnTRD
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing