TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cleared my headlights today. Really easy, only took about two hours. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Unless you live in Californistan, who cares if it's illegal? No cops will notice that. Nobody except a Tacoma owner would notice.

·
Registered
106 Posts
U.S. law not just commifornia's, requires orange reflectors on the front. It looks good, just letting you know. Hint hint, you can always stick reflectors on your bumpers. That's how the hilux/navarra is, clear lenses with a small reflector.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Baja_Jay said:
U.S. law not just commifornia's, requires orange reflectors on the front. It looks good, just letting you know. Hint hint, you can always stick reflectors on your bumpers. That's how the hilux/navarra is, clear lenses with a small reflector.

All us ARB owners have reflectors built in. I'll be clearing this weekend. :welder:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I live in Wyoming so no one around here is going to notice. Besides I can always stick a small reflector on there somewhere.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
FYI, you can get unnoticeable chrome bulbs that flash or shine most any color you want. To be legal----red or amber. I used to use them with some clear bumper lens. They're around here somewhere. Purchased them off E-Bay.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I plan on doing this... once I get blinkers up front. or at the same time..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah they are called stealth bulbs. I got mine from cardomain.com. $20 shipped.

·
Registered
779 Posts
linkage..? pics..? I need to really write this shit down.. so many things I am doing right now AHHHH

·
Registered
779 Posts
these are the corner lights i need for the blinker mod..correct..?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have only had my 06 for a few months. Does anyone know where I can find this cunt? What is it for? It sounds like it is related to the TPMS. Probably just as useless most of the time. I have the Sport package, if that helps. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
I have clear corners and have passed every inspection every year since 2000.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
I have clear corners and have passed every inspection every year since 2000.
Cali fawks don't have inspections...

I run clear corner lights... My corners are clear with a clear reflector... It has DOT printed on it... so I'm guessing it's acceptable... But I believe either orange reflectors or orange lights must adorn the corners... But they must have the side reflectors... both front and rear

I use the stealth chrome bulbs for a better look in daylight... But at dark they burn orange/yellow and are legal beagle...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sweet mod showed to a guy at work today and he's doing it. Just saw it today I wonder if its possible to do it on a 01-04? prolly just easier to buy some off of ebay.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts