TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Yet another epic run in the SoCal books! I only made it through to Pilot Rock, then I had to bail. As much as we all say how easy Cleghorn is, there were a few sections that gave us a challenge. And Pilot Rock is always a good time. I heard the real fun didn't start until Dishpan, though. Those guys didn't get home until midnight or later! :eek: I'm sure we'll hear all about it. I'll post up my pictures as soon as I can get them uploaded to my computer.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yet another epic run in the SoCal books! I only made it through to Pilot Rock, then I had to bail. As much as we all say how easy Cleghorn is, there were a few sections that gave us a challenge. And Pilot Rock is always a good time. I heard the real fun didn't start until Dishpan, though. Those guys didn't get home until midnight or later! :eek: I'm sure we'll hear all about it. I'll post up my pictures as soon as I can get them uploaded to my computer.
Midnight! Oh Dang! Good thing I left with you or I would have never finished my paper.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a great time my first time going out with a lot of first gen Tacomas usually I'm going out with the second gens,,, everyone's truck looks awesome unfortunately had to leave cause I didn't get the day off from work I'm looking forward to coming out on more runs with you guys just need to finish the 4wd drive conversion I can't rely on the skinny pedal to get through stuff haha:D

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,482 Posts
Thanks for everybody that came out. We struggled big time on the Dishpan waterfall section. I ended up winching 3 vehicles. However we got everybody through with no breakage. Mike and I were the last to get on pavement just after 9pm. I'll post pics soon, but the camera battery died about halfway through the waterfall expedition so we didn't get pics of everything.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That was definitely a good time, pushed that truck to the outer limits of its abilities. Maybe a bit beyond that? Things really escalated on Dishpan, now how to explain this at the dealership when I bring it in for service?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I didn't take many pictures but I had to post this one of Tyler taking on Leon's cruiser after the near tip over on Pilot Rock. Thanks to Tyler and Sparky for leading the runs. I had a great time.

·
Registered
313 Posts
This was another Great Run with the So Cal TTORA group. If you missed this run then make plans to attend next year. The weather was perfect and with the recent rains the scenery was fantastic.
Sparky led the large group ( 14 to 16 ) trucks up the Cleghorn section of the trail with Tyler leading a slightly smaller group up the Pilot Rock section. Since Pilot Rock is a little more difficult we lost a few trucks ( prior commitments and 2 wheel drive trucks). Pilot Rock trail has a lot of steep climbs and some technical sections that require your complete attention. At the end of Pilot Rock we said our goodbyes to a few more and headed up to the last trail of the day, Dishpan.
Tyler continued leading the group up Dishpan. This trail has a good mixture of rocks and steep climbs leading up to last obstacle. The water fall is usually difficult to get over but with the added recent rains and other unexplained :confused: this section turned into a pretty difficult obstacle. Pictures now.

Dishpan: :eek:

Tyler had his work cut out for him on this section. Since he was first truck through he ended up with winch duty. Yes, we did have to cable a few of the trucks over this obstacle. Gary and I were the last through and by this time the sun had set.
Thanks Michael and Tyler for taking over the trail leading duties. Good Job.
It was great to see some of our friends from past runs and to meet up with some new friends.

See you on the next run. Mike and Daisy

·
Registered
342 Posts
Thanks Showstop for leading us on another epic TTORA run. I missed Cleghorn but made Pilot and Dishpan. We made quick progress through Pilot but Dishpan from the begining was was pretty tore up. Everthing stopped when we got to the falls and the line up was difficult.

Here are the ultimate spotters:

The rock that was hard to get over:

Damm Land Cruisers weigh a lot for a Taco to pull:

Lexus is second to last coming over the falls:

Yup it got stuck too but eventually made it out.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
My wife didn't take as many pictures as usual but what she did take she is hosting on her business website. They can be downloaded for free. Please see below.

To view the photos for the TTORA event click the link below.

http://cifaldiphotography.shootproof.com/ttora

Pin for digital downloads: 5314

Thanks,

Cifaldi Photography

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just moving SFSmedic's link over here. Nice pics!

·
Registered
967 Posts
:eek: NICE!!!

I'm so bummed I missed all the action on Dishpan. I wish I could've been there. I'm glad everyone made it out and on the road. Any scrapes or bruises?
Yes, you missed out! Most of the scraping was armor. New Taco took a nice beating with front and rear bumpers taking some hits, a little bit of front fender and back door scrape, smashed tailpipe, and a dented rear quarter... Think that was about it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Here is another of Tyler showing his brute stength:

Added a little weight and winched it forward:

·
Registered
342 Posts
BTW I have come to the conclusion that I will never buy Procomp tires. I do not know whose truck it was but it blew a bead right before the Falls on Dispan and than punctured the sidewall on his spare right after. Showstop to the rescue and pulled out his plug kit and repaired in the dark. I hope he made it home cause he was going to OC.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yes, you missed out! Most of the scraping was armor. New Taco took a nice beating with front and rear bumpers taking some hits, a little bit of front fender and back door scrape, smashed tailpipe, and a dented rear quarter... Think that was about it.
On Dishpan I used a rock to polish a three inch or so section of my rear drive shaft. That bad boy is squeaky clean. I didn't notice any vibes on the way home so I'm not gonna take it in for rebalancing just yet.

Dishpan was gnarly. I'm glad we made such good time getting there because, like Tyler said as we were leaving, we needed every minute of it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I polished my flange real good but nothing on the drive shaft. CBI rear bumber and skid row skid plate took a little gash but nothing Krylon and a BFH wont fix. I must of jarred my exhaust real good bcause I pulled a PO 420 check engine light. Cleared it on the way home. I may need to replace the gaskets on the Cat if it comes back.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Dishpan was gnarly. I'm glad we made such good time getting there because, like Tyler said as we were leaving, we needed every minute of it.
Leon,

Here is a cool pic of your exit from the falls

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Time for some new bumpers! lol

BTW I have come to the conclusion that I will never buy Procomp tires. I do not know whose truck it was but it blew a bead right before the Falls on Dispan and than punctured the sidewall on his spare right after. Showstop to the rescue and pulled out his plug kit and repaired in the dark. I hope he made it home cause he was going to OC.

That looks like CJ's truck. As far as I know, this was the first run for his truck on those tires. Bummer.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Time for some new bumpers! lol

That looks like CJ's truck. As far as I know, this was the first run for his truck on those tires. Bummer.
...and that was his second tire on Dishpan

1 - 20 of 30 Posts