TTORA Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Also, the muffler got bashed in on the front edge. Dealership wanted $580 to replace it, but it's still working, so I'll pass.

Time for some new bumpers...and a lift, and tires, and a winch, and...

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
967 Posts
Also, the muffler got bashed in on the front edge. Dealership wanted $580 to replace it, but it's still working, so I'll pass.

Were they shaking their heads at you a little when they saw it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, a bit. I got a few "Where did you take this thing?" and a "How did this happen?" Apparently there is an under utilization of the off road package.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Never buy pro comps!

BTW I have come to the conclusion that I will never buy Procomp tires. I do not know whose truck it was but it blew a bead right before the Falls on Dispan and than punctured the sidewall on his spare right after. Showstop to the rescue and pulled out his plug kit and repaired in the dark. I hope he made it home cause he was going to OC.

I drove 60-65 all the way but did make it ok.:D

That looks like CJ's truck. As far as I know, this was the first run for his truck on those tires. Bummer.

First and last, thankfully they were free or I would be pissed!

·
Registered
313 Posts

Time to lose the chrome exhaust tip. The main thing is you made it through that section.

I drove 60-65 all the way but did make it ok.:D

First and last, thankfully they were free or I would be pissed!
Beware of the Freeeeeeee Pro Comps.:(

·
Registered
967 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
I just so happen to have some 2nd gen parts I might be willing to sell.....:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its all relative. You say "made it through," I say "rescued by the winch." Which is expected out of a truck with a chrome exhaust tip.

Speaking of relativity, you say "beating," I say "utilized to it's full potential."

Unless youre selling me the parts off your rig, I'm good. Replacement stock parts are not what I need right now.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts