TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i sold the 88 4Runner, kind of makes my handle a little less meaningful now but oh well. I picked this thing up a while back from Charlotte, NC.

Current:
1997 4Runner
3rz, 5spd, 5.29 gears, 223k
255/85/16 Maxxis Bighorns
Rear: Detroit Locker
4xInnovations DOM sliders, front Budbuilt skid, Gas tank skid, Belly Pan, Fabbed rear bumper

In progress:
Install SAWs
Lower Links
LCA mount skids

Guy had owned it since 1998 and babied / DD'ed it since then. here's the day Crolison and I went and picked it up:

Plan is to build it up basically like the 88 was with the potential for a swap with LC control arms in the future.

Ran across a budbuilt for pretty cheap so I picked it up:

Flipped the rear tow hitch for a little more clearance and less "dragging resistance" until I get a bumper:

Installed the 255/85 Bighorns and will be running them w/ no lift. I beat the pinch welds and the firewall as much as I could and may have to end up trimming a tad... but so far, not bad:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In that last photo, you can see where the SR5 flares rubbed the paint off and faded a few spots. I painted the fenders a few days ago and came back and finished the lower doors yesterday. I think it turned out decent.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not too much going on but plans are brewing... Got a new set of Eibach 650# coils in and placed an order for seals, heims, and bushings for my SAW 2.0 rebuild. I'm on the lookout for a set of OME 891 for the rear. Hoping the lift will be done before mid January and the MLK Windrock trip.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PANDA WATCH!!!! Small update on what's been going on.

Still waiting on the SAWs to be rebuilt... I guess I can't complain too much since the shop agreed to do it for free (family friend). Also picked up a set of OME 890s and OME rear shocks. So as soon as the coils are done, I hope to get all the installed.

I did swap out the 4.56s to 5.29s. A Detroit was in the rear 5.29 and it's 10x's better than the spartan was. A lot smoother and the truck is a lot more fun to drive around town now. Hoping to get up to Windrock or a quick shakedown at prentice cooper soon.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Nothing Mod wise to post. Just trying to update a few "creature comforts". Picked up a factory roof rack, 2000 runner console, and factory headliner to replace my aftermarket crap. Hopefully when the baby is a little older I can get out more.... we'll see haha.

If you have a 96-98 4Runner, do yourself a favor and pick one of these up from a 99-02!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts