TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the rotors turned and pads replaced for less than a hundred bucks at the brake shop, so not too bad. now when driving home, i can hear a click coming from the front everytime i press the brake. its not really loud, but you can hear it when driving with the windows open. sounds like metal tapping against metal. it doesn't click when im in Park or Neutral. Im going back on Friday to see what this is, but I was just wondering if you guys would know. Damn sometimes I wish I had the time and my tools with me so I can do all this shit myself.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I get it and hear it on other cars all the time on the road- I've just decided it is pads sticking and releasing as the rotor turns and rattling on the pins. Can make it do it by spinning the wheel back and forth in the driveway- get a click when you stop and release the breaks, etc. Makes sense to me at least.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wes said:
I get it and hear it on other cars all the time on the road- I've just decided it is pads sticking and releasing as the rotor turns and rattling on the pins. Can make it do it by spinning the wheel back and forth in the driveway- get a click when you stop and release the breaks, etc. Makes sense to me at least.
sticking on the calipers? you can only hear it when the brakes are applied under 20mph. could something not be tightened down properly?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I dunno. It goes tick tick tick down the road up to about 40 then I lose it in the road noise or the pads stay out or in or... I don't know.
All I know is I get a ticking that is in that area, has some brake action symptoms, I can take and flick my pads and mimic the sound so I just roll with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts