TTORA Forum banner

Climate Control

4K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Ptreckin' 
#1 ·
Anyone have any clue as to where you can source replacement bulbs for the climate control for 05+ Tacoma's? It's not your standard small bulb. The socket that it fits into is kinda made around it...

#4 ·
Incorrect... It's not available @ a parts store, I've checked 5. It's Toyota specific... Looks like it's going to be a trip to the dealership for me.

#7 ·
I don't have a pic of them... but these are basically just like them:
http://www.oznium.com/corvette-c5-led

it's a bulb and socket in 1 set up. The part# from Toyota of Dallas is 84999-10090, and they're $7.80 per bulb. :(
I'm ordering 2 just in case.

Edit*
Ok, scratch that, after shipping it was like $25 from Toyota. I went ahead and ordered 2 from that site for $10 after shipping. I fucking hate it when Toyota does shit like this.

#11 · (Edited)
Dang it is hard to find good data on this topic. So one of my 2 climate control dash lights went out in my 2007 (after 12 years!) and dealership wanted a stupid amount for 1 tiny light. No way in h-e double hockey sticks I'm paying $15 for a small light bulb! After reading forums for way too long I finally found some on ebay that worked great. They came in a set of two so you can switch them both out when you have the hvac panel off.

Here is the ebay link.

Local autozone didn't have them as another member mentioned...

#12 · (Edited)
Dang it is hard to find good data on this topic. So one of my 2 climate control dash lights went out in my 2007 (after 12 years!) and dealership wanted a stupid amount for 1 tiny light. After reading forums for way too long I finally found some on ebay that worked great. They came in a set of two so you can switch them both out when you have the hvac panel off.

Parts store didn't have them as another member mentioned...
By the way, it is super easy to take off the hvac climate control panel with either a butter knife. Or a credit card on the top and bottom. Either way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.