TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Club Picnic/Wheeling - SAT Oct 13th

So, we missed it last year. The idea is a stock friendly trail, hopefully with some stuff for bigger rigs to play on, have some food and socializing, then return.

Thoughts?

As of 9/27
Bill More lake seems to be pretty central to everyone. It is right near the US 40 Berthoud Pass exit off of I-70.

It is an easy trail with some moderate optional obstacles.

Linky to info about Bill Moore Lake: http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=12

And the meeting spot is: Downieville Exit 234 IIRC is where the Starbuck, Conoco, and Burger King are at...

CB channel 7 My cell (molly) is seven 2 zero - 933 - three zero seven one. Be there at 11:00.

We will then go to Tommy Knockers Brewery in Idaho springs afterwards for chow. It is just easier than trying to coordinate all the food in case the weather turns bad. (No fun grilling while it snows). I promise next year we'll do the picnic when we can actually picnic!

The trail will be easy, with hopefully some boulders to play on for those of us who want more of a challenge.... We want everyone to be able to come! This day is about hanging with each other not as much about doing a rough trail!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sounds good to me, I would be interested.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When and where?
That's kinda what I was asking for thoughts about.

I think the coolest would be for the Front Range guys to come up one side and the west slope guys up the other side of a pass, meet at the top, hang out and then everyone go their way back.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I would say Wyoming but hey what can a guy do!

I wont be available untl the end of Septamber so.. you guys come up with something and I will do my best to join!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Wheeler lake? Little too hard for those with no experience I would think, either way I have to ride my quads if I want to join.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I am sort of thinking after Moab all... Some of us have so much prep to do...

What about the 1st weekend in October. Yes we are gambling with the weather (We can always have a back up beer place - LOL)

I say we plan a picnic and then a wrench-a-thon seperatly. Wrench-a-thon might be more apros-pos before Moab.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I am sort of thinking after Moab all... Some of us have so much prep to do...

What about the 1st weekend in October. Yes we are gambling with the weather (We can always have a back up beer place - LOL)

I say we plan a picnic and then a wrench-a-thon seperatly. Wrench-a-thon might be more apros-pos before Moab.

Interesting notion you propose. Might be better after moab. I still need to get the ARB, compressor and rock lights in before Sept. :saw:

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I was thinking maybe georgetown/idaho springs (so so on half way) and hard cores can do like spring creek or something, and others can do argentine pass, yankee hill area, etc. And plenty of places to have a picnic, or even just get a dinner in idaho springs depending on how things go.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
If its in October, the picnic will probably need to be at/around/near the trailhead rather than the top of the pass - Brrrrr.

I like the Mosquito/Wheeler idea (picnic at Montgomery Res), although both could have snow by October. Idaho Springs area would give a few options and works for me too.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Hmm David - your idea of Argentine is really good too... That is a lot more local (for most everyone) as well. What about the weekend AFTER labor day. That might work for everyone. Then we can decide on Georgetown for Argentine or Misquiteo pass.

No need to do a hard trail This is about having all of cottora together!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I say we push for Sept 8/th/9th ;) The weather will be tolerable AND hopefully the most of us can make it No?

1 - 20 of 175 Posts