TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be looking into a new clutch soon for my 92 toyota pickup 4wd 22re. Any suggestions on a clutch kit that will work great on the trails? Where is a good place to get it? 1200 or 1600 lb pressure plate and what size flywheel should i get? This is my first time replacing the clutch on this truck and i don't know what clutch it has in it. I plan on replacing rear main seal and dropping oil pan to reseal it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Worth repeating, Marlin Crawler! I run the 1200, just make them confirm all the parts in the kit are for your year.......:)

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Trails?...Marlin

I got one in my 2000 ....1200lbs. It scared me at first. It was softer pedal pressure than stock. All good though. You can slip as needed but if let out fast it will bang and engage quick.

Get their short throw shifter if they have for your app. Love it in mine.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Normally you just remove and dress the flywheel with a purpose made grinder, not replace it.

I'm going to be looking into a new clutch soon for my 92 toyota pickup 4wd 22re. Any suggestions on a clutch kit that will work great on the trails? Where is a good place to get it? 1200 or 1600 lb pressure plate and what size flywheel should i get? This is my first time replacing the clutch on this truck and i don't know what clutch it has in it. I plan on replacing rear main seal and dropping oil pan to reseal it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Normally you just remove and dress the flywheel with a purpose made grinder, not replace it.
Normally on a customers car i would machine the flywheel but i want to start fresh with everything especially considering ive over heated and smoked the clutch a few too many times.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Turbo clutch upgrade .

Best bang for buck clutch imo is the 92-95 ,aka turbo . a new flywheel is less expensive than resurfacing at 50$ . you need the flywheel ,disk ,and clutch for the upgrade to work. its smooth engagement and stock like pedal feel are great . 9 inches more surface area .if you already have a 92 clutch it wont be an upgrade. i smoked a clutch rockcrawling also installed a 4.7 tcase :2cents:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts