TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 6 speed 05 TRD. I noticed from purchase, backing up into driveway or slow manuever the clutch starts to disburse the clutch smell. And recently started towing a small enlcosed trailer up a steep hill on I-70, notice running in 4th at 3500 RPM holding 60 mph, started smoking the clutch. Anyone else experience the clutch to be slipping or seems to smoke alot under load or finese clutching in the driveway or 4 wheelin? If anyone know of a heavy duty clutch, I would be interested of any links.

Thanks in advance on any information.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
not sure if the aftermarket manufactureers have anything available for a vehicle that new....

05, is it under warranty? i would take it to the dealer and say your junk is messed up, sounds like somehting isnt adjsuted properly

·
Registered
172 Posts
I noticed the same during some wheeling, but I atributed it to my inexperience in wheeling.

Another time I noticed it was when I was backing up a 23 footer ProLine up a curb into an empty lot for storage, I was in 2H, next time I'll try it in 4H.

I think that Centerforce has a kit for the Tacoma 05+

I'm not sure if the XRunner transmision is the same as the Std TRD Offroad or Sport Pkg.
Does any body knows?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts