TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 98 4runner just stopped going the other night. The trans and tcase shifts w/out using the clutch at all. Slave is moving the fork.

Jacked uprear end and in first gear it will spin a tire VERY slowly.

Seems a new clutch assy is in order?
Pulling it today, if anyone can swing by to help. Especially if you can think we maybe missing something and it doesnt need to be yanked out lmk.
call or text is better bc of service, my friend josh, he will be helping me while im at work. 210365 2 thousand

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Too bad the weather is shitballs later this week; I'd help but I'm a huge pansy and have been spoiled by a heated shop.

My one bit of advice: split the case from the trans; it's easier to move by yourself. I learned that the hard way... right on my guts. Fun times.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
So my 98 4runner just stopped going the other night. The trans and tcase shifts w/out using the clutch at all. Slave is moving the fork.

Jacked uprear end and in first gear it will spin a tire VERY slowly.

Seems a new clutch assy is in order?
Pulling it today, if anyone can swing by to help. Especially if you can think we maybe missing something and it doesnt need to be yanked out lmk.
call or text is better bc of service, my friend josh, he will be helping me while im at work. 210365 2 thousand
If you do the clutch be sure to make a proper job of it and get the flywheel resurfaced while you're at it. A lot of folks tend to skip this step.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
orange crusher
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing