TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so I have the squeaky clutch. It's not the bushing since I don't have one. my truck is an 03 but it's set up with the linear return spring aparently from the factory? Dunno, anyways... it squeeks when I push in the clutch so I was going to lube the mushroom bolt through the firewall but when I tried to take off the dust seal it would not come off. I ended up ripping it up so I left it go. Any tips on how to get that out? and once I do get it out how am I supposed to see where that mushroom bolt is in order to lube it? that's a small hole to see through! Especially since it's under the dash going through the firewall.

Second part of my question.. after I gave up on lubing that connection I had a friend push in the clutch while I listen. I traced the squeek to the part in the picture. Anything I can do about that? I can definetly hear it coming from there, and I can feel it when I pull away that boot and put my hand on the flat metal bar coming out of the clutch. Happens every winter... throwout bearing??

thanks!
Kevin

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,365 Posts
The part in the picture is the clutch fork. The rod coming out of the slave cylinder (the red part) should be lubed with HD grease in that little dimple it rests in. Do this last. But first, pull back that rubber boot around the clutch fork and slide it off. There is a small mushroom bolt the fork pivots on, just inside the bellhousing. You need to get some HD grease on the head of that bolt, that will quiet the squeaking you hear. Once you do that, put the boot back on then grease the other part I said earlier.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, any tips on getting my big head to an area under the truck where I can see where i'm spraying lube? I highly doubt I just want to spray in there blindly...or I guess I could feel my way through and put it on with my fingers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My truck started making that noise at about 60k miles. I now have 140k on my truck and it still makes that same dammm noise. I've tried everyting, including the previous advice, and several times I might add. I was even prepared to have the dealership replace the clutch fork. Now I've got so many other noises I don't too much notice that one. But before when that was the only annoying noise I found that the best solution was the volume control on my Pioneer.

Nate

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,365 Posts
Its tough to see, but from the prospective that the picture was taken, you'll be able to see the bolt I mentioned. The toughest part is getting the grease in there. Un-bolting the slave cylinder will make it easier to move the fork.

·
Banned
966 Posts
use some lithium spray on the joint where the piston rod contacts the fork end (as shown in your pic). on my 2002 i had a similiar noise, and when i lubed that place the noise went away. i'm guessing it was metal-to-metal noise as the rod end rotated in the fork socket while clutch was being used.

·
Registered
13 Posts
His slave might not have full contact with the fork, so he doesn't hear it unless he pushes the clutch pedal in. Sorry, going more off the picture than the paragraph....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts