TTORA Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’m new here.

I’ve been shopping clutch parts for my 2003 Tundra 3.4l 4x4 and a member of the Tacoma World forum suggested asking you here. What would be the best clutch choice for me? My use is average commuting with the exception of occasional towing or going off-road for woodcutting. I’ve been considering OEM parts which the pressure plate and friction disc are remanufactured as for what I have found available. Otherwise considering the cheaper Exedy kit or a more expensive aftermarket like the Centerforce II. In any case I will be sure to get quality bearings (I think my pilot bearing is failing currently). If you have advice it is appreciated.

Thanks,
Cale

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,670 Posts
Having done dozens of clutch jobs on Toyota, I've seen a lot of different types of clutches. The Centerforce clutches are good if you want track performance. Outside of that, they are pretty harsh for daily driving and more than you would want for towing or fire road type trails. Your best option would be an Exedy or OEM equal kit. Exedy is probably your best choice. Valeo would be a close second and Aisin after that. The Aisin clutch discs typically come with plastic dampener bushings, so the models with metal bushings like Exedy and Valeo would be preferred. I'm pretty sure the Exedy kit comes with a Japan bearing for the throwout, but if not, you should definitely acquire a quality Japan bearing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts