TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every once in a while when I shift, my clutch pedal won't come all the way back.. I'll have to put my foot behind it and it will just pop back.. This happen to anyone else? And what should I do?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
i used to drive an MG that did that. when i got my tacoma it was a habit to try to pull it back after i shifted. but needles to say.. i have no idea

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool i'll get to work on it this weekend to figure out what exactly is going on down there

·
Registered
401 Posts
Check and make sure all the bolts are tight where the top of the clutch bracket (that holds the spring) to the fire wall. Mine would mess up when one of these losened.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Has it been making a whole lot of creaking noise for a while before it started doing that? Mine did, I just attributed it to that bushing problem that is so common. First time it happened on mine is when I think the bushing broke completely and jammed things up. Ever since it has had kind of a sticky return.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does seem like that acutally.. I only got the truck a few months back, but yeah it's always been squeeky. I got out of the truck one time to go ride with a friend through some sticky stuff that I didn't want to go through.
When I came back for some reason the clutch pedal was pushed all the way in with no pressure.
I pulled it back and ever since then about once every 10 or so minutes it will just return about 75% (the clutch is fully out, but the pedal won't come all the way back)... I could live with it but I'd rather not.

I'll check for loose bolts on the bracket tomorrow first though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
not2XS
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing