TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to inquire on whats a reasonable price to replace a clutch for an 02 tacoma. It is a 4cyl with k&n intake, Doug thorley headers. I went to a shop and was quoted 1,000 out the door including a 120,000 major tune up. I want to know if anyone knows a good clutch kit and the price with installation. Unfortunately my search field does not work in my iPhone and had to post this question. I truly appreciate any tips or advice.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Honestly with the tune up that's not too bad of a price if you ask me. I did my own clutch though and it wasn't hard at all. The hard part was replacing the main seal which I had to do again because it didn't seat right. The most difficult part was getting all of the wires disconnected and out of the way. Other than that it was a piece of cake.

·
Registered
843 Posts
That is a pretty decent deal depending on what they do for the 120k service.

If you are in LA, I do clutch work. I've replaced clutches for dozens of Socal members. $200 for labor plus parts and machine work.
And that's a really good deal LOL. Plus showstop is a walking taco encyclopedia to boot.

sent from my stupid smartphone with autospell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for providing your service. Sent you pm to get your information.
Appreciate all the kind responses

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
1k is a pretty good price if that includes a major tune up. i had my clutch done by the dealer several years ago and they charged me 1k. I dont think that it was done right either, since it only lasted 10k. i have done my own clutch since then

1 - 7 of 7 Posts