TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch safety? I was trying to think of a way to use the factory switch or maybe I could just disable it at the switch on the pedal?
One last thing, is there any way to make the clutch start switch work before I shut the truck off? I want to use it like a safety. I want to be able to hit the button before I leave my truck to arm the system basically. Without the button hit the remote start wouldnt work. Any ideas?
Thanks
Anthony

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
You are really trying to make things hard on yourself. Basically you want to use the clutch switch as a sort of valet switch. I'd look around with different alarm manufacturers and see what type of accessories they offer with their alarms. Integrating aftermarket alarms into factory components is a pain. Talk to an alarm shop...

·
Registered
77 Posts
avc8130 said:
Does anyone know how to bypass the clutch safety? I was trying to think of a way to use the factory switch or maybe I could just disable it at the switch on the pedal?
One last thing, is there any way to make the clutch start switch work before I shut the truck off? I want to use it like a safety. I want to be able to hit the button before I leave my truck to arm the system basically. Without the button hit the remote start wouldnt work. Any ideas?
Thanks
Anthony
very good idea you would just have to remember to hit the buttom whenever. but you'll most likely endup leaving it puched so that you can use the remote start whenever. Just run the wires from the clutch switch up to a button on the dash or under the dash. then there you go, you disabled the clutch safety deal and have a way to make it so others can't start your truck.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jjrambo, what exactly do you mean?
Thanks
AC

·
Registered
77 Posts
avc8130 said:
jjrambo, what exactly do you mean?
Thanks
AC
when you push the clutch in you attivate the switch that says hey now the truck is allowed to turn over the engine.

Just rout that switch to a push button switch to your dash or wherever you want to hide it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gotcha, I think I am just going to do the install the simple way for now and maybe go back and add in some cool features later.
Thanks,
Anthony

1 - 6 of 6 Posts