TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 Tacoma 5 spd. 4cyl. I was out climbing some hills with some buddies and i started up a pretty steep hill. I wasnt dragging the clutch or anything and smoke just started puoring out from under the truck. Also it smelt like something was burning. This was the first time i have ever really put and kinda of strain on the engine or clutch.....Is this normal??

Thanks in advance,
Tom

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yoter said:
I have a 99 Tacoma 5 spd. 4cyl. I was out climbing some hills with some buddies and i started up a pretty steep hill. I wasnt dragging the clutch or anything and smoke just started puoring out from under the truck. Also it smelt like something was burning. This was the first time i have ever really put and kinda of strain on the engine or clutch.....Is this normal??

Thanks in advance,
Tom
It's not "normal". It's possible for one to smoke thier clutch to the junkyard in one try, or you may just have shortened it's life. You were either in the wrong gear, or in 4HI when you should've been in 4LO. I smelt mine once (no visible smoke) and that was enough for me. That was about 20K miles ago and it still grabs great, even when it's very cold out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts