TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just recently my clutch started squeeking when i am releasing it. i sprayed some WD-40 on the big spring connected to the pedal underneath the steering column and it went away for about 4 days and then came back. is there any way to get rid of the squeek permanantly? its really annoying

01 4x4 v6 trd x. cab 5spd

·
Registered
50 Posts
volcomstone03 said:
just recently my clutch started squeeking when i am releasing it. i sprayed some WD-40 on the big spring connected to the pedal underneath the steering column and it went away for about 4 days and then came back. is there any way to get rid of the squeek permanantly? its really annoying

I use Seafoam. I spray it in the boots of the clutch, and where it enters the transmission case. I usually have to do it once or twice a year.
I have posted the same problem on many boards and never got a "permanent" fix, but Seafoam seems to work pretty well.

·
Registered
199 Posts
volcomstone03 said:

check to see if the clutch pedal bushing is worn out or even there at all. if not do this http://www.4runners.org/articles/clutchbush/

easy remedy

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 03 had a clutch noise that I found to be the clutch pedal shaft rubbing the brackets under the dash. The noise was sounded like a cricket. I bent the pedal shaft the fix the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts