TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start by saying i did a search and there was a post like mine a year ago that yielded no results. I just bought my truck and have just started driving it daily. I have starting issues. I hate this 2 second delay to wait for the double beep before i can start the truck. Sometimes i will wait with the clutch depressed, get the beeps, turn the key and get a 1/4 second of turn over, then nothing. Then i have to take out the key, wait a few seconds and try again. I read there is a switch for the clutch sensor that might need adjusting, so i'll check that tomorrow. Here's my other problem, i can't get the clutch start cancel button to work. It lights up, but i can't crank the motor without the clutch pressed. The previous owner put a Napa starter in it a year ago. The truck is a 97 2.7. Please help if you can.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I don't know what you're talking about with the 'beeps'. do you have some sort of aftermarket alarm in?

For the CSC, turn the key to "on". Put the truck in neutral. Press CSC Button. Turn key to start.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yea, I think you have an aftermarket alarm on it. None of them "beep" before they start.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn, i never knew that. I didn't think this truck had an alarm, but now it's time to look. This is my first Tacoma and i've never been in one before i bought it, so i thought the double beep was a stock thing. I'll look tomorrow. There is no siren under the hood and i never got a remote, plus the previous owner didn't mention anything. Oh well, time to look. Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.