TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I understand the purpose of the clutch start cancel, but is it okay to use it all the time? My truck isn't ever in gear when I use it, its just that sometimes when I have to clean snow off the truck, I use the CSC so that I don't have to climb in to start it. Is this wrong?

·
Registered
553 Posts
TRDyota said:
Ok, so I understand the purpose of the clutch start cancel, but is it okay to use it all the time? My truck isn't ever in gear when I use it, its just that sometimes when I have to clean snow off the truck, I use the CSC so that I don't have to climb in to start it. Is this wrong?

Ditto... I do the same thing on cold mornings... run into the cold in socks, unlock it, reach in, csc on, (check to make sure not in gear) and then let 'er warm up. I'm anxious to figure this out too... any additional wear and tear on anything?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I love the CSC in my truck and use mine all the time. Especially when its cold out, Yesterday morning I forgot that it was in gear and went to start it with the CSC and it starting moving. lol I hate those kind of days...

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I wouldn't think that it is wrong at all, when you press in the clutch, the clutch passes some kind of sensor the tells the computer to allow you to start the truck, so all the CSC does is bypass the sensor. This is my take on the situation. Hell, in my case, my ignition crapped out on me, so i had a push button set up installed, so using the CSC is really nice b/c i can start the truck w/ out getting in.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
link817 said:
I wouldn't think that it is wrong at all, when you press in the clutch, the clutch passes some kind of sensor the tells the computer to allow you to start the truck, so all the CSC does is bypass the sensor. This is my take on the situation. Hell, in my case, my ignition crapped out on me, so i had a push button set up installed, so using the CSC is really nice b/c i can start the truck w/ out getting in.
Actually, it's not a sensor, I beleive it's a switch that is placed where the clutch pedal bar alomst hits the firewall. So it's like a 3 way lighting switch in your kitchen. You can use one or the other. And no it shouldn't hurt anything unless it's in gear. It's simply because when you press the CSC, it just acts as the switch that gets depressed when you put the clutch to the floor. Thats all.

Now it should be a switch that the clutch pedal hits, I may be confusing my taco with my old 4runner. Now that I know was a little push switch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There are two switches, both fed off of the same 12v source (STA fuse). Either the clutch switch, located at the top of the clutch pedal bar,
completes the path, or the clutch bypass switch does. There's no harm in
using the bypass switch. It's why it was installed. Just make sure it's not in
gear when starting. In fact, some have disconnected the clutch switch so as to use the bypass switch as sort of a kill switch.

jon_7248 said:
Actually, it's not a sensor, I beleive it's a switch that is placed where the clutch pedal bar alomst hits the firewall. So it's like a 3 way lighting switch in your kitchen. QUOTE]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts