TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CO - Liberty at Penrose - Sat June 9th CANCELED!

Update: This Trip has been canceled. Volcom's wife has some health issues and he needs to be there for her. We will run Liberty later this year tho!

Troy still has to go to the springs on Friday. I might join him and *if* SOM you still have your rig maybe we can do eagle rock Friday afternoon/evening!

Hey all,

Volcom, Troy & I are planning a Liberty run at Penrose on Saturday June 8th. Time is TBD at this point but sometime in the morning. I have yet to run Liberty and have been dying to do it with a good guide. (Volcom and CuBuffrunner are great guides)

The trail is rated 7-9 depending on the lines you take.

"You must have a winch and good gearing. It may be difficult to impossible to get through the trail without front and rear lockers. At least half of the trail requires a lot of clearance."

Ok on the winch part - you can probably get by without since many of us will have one.... But the rest is essential!

We'd love it if any of you want to join us - even if you want to ride along. (A great way to learn a trail too!)

Post up if you are interested!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Reposted from Yotatech because I am lazy :D

I would state that 33's are the absolute minimum I've ever run on this trail. I've got 33's but I'm locked F&R and dual ultimate crawlered Plus I don't care about body damage. :D

I spent quite a bit of time on my diffs and sliders.

Let me know if you have any questions about Liberty, I'd be happy to answer them.

It's probably a 2.5 hour drive from Denver. The easiest way to get there is I-25 south to Co Springs. Then take the Circle Drive - World Arena exit. Head West (Right) on Lake Avenue. Drive @ 2 miles and you will see Hwy 115 cross over Lake Ave. Take a left (south) on 115 and follow it until you reach Penrose.

You will be looking for a sign that says "Brush Hollow Reservoir". Take a right (west) on this street and then make a right (north) on E street. If you want, park there and we can all meetup on the side of the road.

Or we can meet at the Conoco Station down the street from the Brush Hollow street?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reposted from YT because I too.... am Lazy....

"What time Volcom??"

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's all we needed to know. (We meaning me myself and I. Oh and Troy.... LOL)

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So if it works put Troy and I might come down on the 8th - and camp or crash on someones floor. Makes the drive better - AND we can hang out with you Biatches....

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
So if it works put Troy and I might come down on the 8th - and camp or crash on someones floor. Makes the drive better - AND we can hang out with you Biatches....
Who are you talking to, me? I've got something going on Friday night, the 8th. I know camping is allowed on the property that Indy sits in, it's BLM land. There are quite a few places to camp. Just be careful of the wildlife, aka snakes :eek:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We have lots of wheeling friends in Colo springs - I was talking to all of them in general. LOL

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Are you two coming down on Friday and staying in Colorado Springs? If you do, we could actually start earlier than 11am, 9am would be nice and we would avoid some of the mid-afternoon heat :D

Let me know what your plans are!

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
My daughter has a birthday party to attend @ 4pm. Could we move the time up from 11am to 9:30am?? That would give me enough time to get back and cleaned up for the party.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey you are willling to drag us through it... OF course we are willling to move the start time... LOL but Lets make it an even 10:00 since I am SO NOT A MORNING PERSON and I will roll the tippy [email protected] before 11:00 :D LOL

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He Cottora.. anyone else gonna join us? Troy and I are coming down Friday (Troy has to visit some clients) and we want to run Eagle rock friday night maybe and catch up with some of you!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Molly! I really want to make this one but I have Boy Scout stuff going on that Saturday. Let me know the next time you guys run any hard core trails. Don't forget to come on out to the XRRA race in Co. Springs Saturday the 16th!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Action - No prob. Will keep you posted for sure. We have a Holy Cross Trip - Something in BV and am hoping to Do Billings too at some point. I also really want to check out Trough road in Kremling but I don't think Tippy can even handle it!

Hows the Buggy?

·
Registered
35 Posts
The buggy is amazing. I will never go back to a trail rig :) I'm up for some holy cross, bv and definately will make it out for some 21 road and billings action!

I may be running BV carnage on my way to Takeover or on the way back. Let me know if any are intersted in running it with me.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
He Cottora.. anyone else gonna join us? Troy and I are coming down Friday (Troy has to visit some clients) and we want to run Eagle rock friday night maybe and catch up with some of you!
I wanna, i wanna! But I'll be in Boston for my stunning wife's graduation :) :) :) :) :D:D:D:D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah - I bet we are. Troy and I need to firm up our plans. We'll keep ya posted!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts