TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so who fills up CO2 tanks on the front range? And how do I know if my tank is certified or whatever? Ideally, I'd like to get it charged by somebody who doesn't give a fuck...I sure don't.
Beverage distributor? Welding shop? OffRoad Company? (preferably not, because we know how absurdly they mark up everything even remotely associated with wheeling)
Thanks in advance my peeps.
-J

·
Registered
390 Posts
take it to Red Comet its about $13 to fill a 20# bottle, while you wait, takes about 10 minutes. and they can tell you when your bottle needs to be cert. again, but its every 7 years if i remember right.
it should be stamped on the bottle.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
go for welding supply shops usually. they dont screw around and if you actually talk to them a bit you can usually get a discount on other stuf.... but then again i have more than just co2 to fill up lol. i use general aire... but they are downtown off 8th ave

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Oh - one other place to check is paintball supply places, but some of them won't do bottles our size (Dick's in particular). Better chance of finding one of them open on Saturday - none of the welding/industrial gas places are open on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I used to go to red comet as well, nice people.

I work during the week so I have to leave work to go get mine filled so it's a PITA. I now use a guy from Sentry Rife & Safety. He comes to my work, picks up my bottle, fills it and brings it back usually the same day. He works in my area so that's why it's easy for him to do it.
He said to tell all my 4x4 buddies the same thing, if they're in his area.
Jess - 720-271-1035

I have my bottle refilled instead of swapping it out because it's still kinda shiney and new and aluminum. Most of the bottles that are swapped out are steel and ugly ;)

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have my bottle refilled instead of swapping it out because it's still kinda shiney and new and aluminum. Most of the bottles that are swapped out are steel and ugly
yeppers, if you buy a "new" bottle, and want to keep "your" bottle, Red Comet or try the guy Brandon suggested.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
So I see you've gotten tired of using your 2 little plug in air compressors.... LMAO I love having CO2... it rocks!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Lysmachia said:
So I see you've gotten tired of using your 2 little plug in air compressors.... LMAO I love having CO2... it rocks!
lol who are you talking to? oh and co2 is great until you run out..... better to have both...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lysmachia said:

Good call Troy...Aw c'mon Molly, I had three of those little plug-in air compressors for my three power outlets! lol! Don't make fun!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Hey Jeremy you can also get it filled at one of the ATV/motorcycle shops around Loveland/Ft Collins...Shawn Jackson probably has the best lead for you as to prices, shoot him an email. There is also the beverage service companies to look into for CO^2 like the ones that come out to your brothers bar to charge the tap!

·
Registered
965 Posts
best place in the fort to get a tank filled is JAX (in the paint ball area) they do my 20lb tank for 10 bux or for free most of the time. a lot of those guys are pretty hardcore wheelers and good guys to deal with

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
ISentry Rife & Safety.

He said to tell all my 4x4 buddies the same thing, if they're in his area.
Jess - 720-271-1035
Where's that guy located? Right now I'm getting fills at Slee, no offense to Christo but he's more expensive than the distro yard I used to hit in the Midwest ;). If there's something more convenient, I'd use it, but at the moment $1.50/# and 20min from the pad is acceptable vs driving through Combat City anytime.

Was getting fills $0.80/# back in the warehouse district in Dayton :p...only a few blocks from the shop no less :welder: and no hassle about refilling my tank vs swapping.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
best place in the fort to get a tank filled is JAX (in the paint ball area) they do my 20lb tank for 10 bux or for free most of the time. a lot of those guys are pretty hardcore wheelers and good guys to deal with
What time do they close on Satuday? I gotta run my trailer to the shop and need my 20 and my ten filled if its that cheap!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pimp must know some folks there, because their current rate for a 20# is about $30, and about $14 for a 10#.
It seriously is the best place in Ft. Collins to get it taken care of, though. They're friendly, quick, and it's awesome to shop around their surplus shop while you wait.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts