TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Andrea and I had a great time we went on some mild runs and made a mess of our trailer at night but enjoyed ourselves and the company of the rest of you none the less. THANK YOU Aaron for setting us all up for a great weekend and reminding all of us what it's all about: Having Fun!!

And THANK YOU Scotty for the BITCHIN bumper raffle, I'll be painting it tomorrow and welding it in some spots (not permanently until the winch is on) so that I can "test it's strength". You Rock :banger:

It was bolted on that night.

I don't have a hard core rig (yet) but Don G from COTTORA and I went on some scenic trails on Friday here's some pics:
some on the way to Pomeroy lakes

On the way to Hancock pass

Don and I at the summit

Don posing

Alpine Tunnel

Williams pass

I have to say that I had a great day and got to see a lot of scenery with a good 4 wheelin buddy. I have more pics, uploading right now, of Mt. Antero. post em up in a bit.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, Kevin, I thought you'd still be camping.

Did Andrea decide you needed a shower? :wife:

:missingto
Yeah we both needed a shower:D nah we went to the local KOA and showered on Monday and then went on to set up camp out side of Clark (north of Steamboat) that night a Bear decided he wanted to take a stroll through our camp and at 2am we high tailed it out of there and headed into Steamboat for coffee and a nap. At 5am we went back to camp and saw a BIG black bear standing on the side of the road about a mile outside of Steamboat. He took off running back towards the river and we didn't even stop to get a pic. That day we went into town and bought a spot light and slugs for the 12 gauge. We had a great time and stayed in one of those little hut thingys on thursday night at the same KOA. But it's not called KOA its like Steamboat campground or something (used to be a KOA).

We got home last night around 4:30 and just vegged out for the rest of the day in the AC. The 4 Runner got 19.5 MPG with all of our stuff and driving up I-70 from Dillon (West side of Eisenhower tunnel) and I don't think that's too bad at all. We made it back from Kremling in 2hrs and 15 minutes wich isn't too bad either so all in all I'm happy with the trailer thing and happy with the 4 Runner. It was a good week.

Doug: Thanks a lot for the AAL's they leveled out the Runner and gave it a better look. and thanks for returning the stakes. we needed the extras for the bug room that we bought for Steamboat.

·
7,735 Posts
Doug: Thanks a lot for the AAL's they leveled out the Runner and gave it a better look. and thanks for returning the stakes. we needed the extras for the bug room that we bought for Steamboat.
Don't I feel like an ass, I got the stakes I pulled from along the road in my truck. Do you need/want them back?

Glad that the leaf pack went to some good use.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah we burned the rest. I was talking about the tent stakes. You can burn those sticks, thanks for picking them up I was wondering who did it for me. I'll have those metal shelves ready for you this weekend if you want I'll have to dissassemble them for transport as I don't have a pick-up anymore, but I'll have them ready by Friday.

·
7,735 Posts
nah we burned the rest. I was talking about the tent stakes. You can burn those sticks, thanks for picking them up I was wondering who did it for me. I'll have those metal shelves ready for you this weekend if you want I'll have to dissassemble them for transport as I don't have a pick-up anymore, but I'll have them ready by Friday.
Ah yeah, Ike put the tent stakes back. I'll be down for the ORS bbq so I could swing by and pick those shelves up (I forgot about them actually).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts