TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Truck is ready.....i went through and did a once over check on torqueing everything yesterday and its all holding great....i must have done something right when I put it together. I did find a broken hub dial gear which was odd because that wheel was still being driven....i replaced it and still have one more spare so should be good.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I still need to look mine over. Do you think I should bring my canopy? I talked to. Brandon today and he is not going to be able to make it.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Thats up to you.

Sucks there will only be 2-3 of us....on the bright side we should be able to cover a lot of ground and see the sights / what the place has to offer.

You have anything you want me to bring you for spare parts? I bought a spare front axle last weekend so I can bring whatever if you want.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I'm not sure about the spare parts. All I have is a u-joint and some high steer arms. I have a complete front axle as well. I think one of us should probably bring one. I need to see how much room I am going to have. I don't think I am going to bring my full doors, so that should save some space.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I carry spare shafts already....i have both inners and a outer that I tool out of my axle to install my longs.....problem is it is a 27 spline chromo unit so I am not sure it would fit in your housing without grinding. I have room...i will prolly just strap the entire axle to the front of my trailer....that should cover it lol

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Truck is all ready to go. I got two studs out of my spare axle and into the trail truck last night. Had to fight with it for about 5 hours though. Good drill bits make a world of difference. Found out that the knuckle bearings were shot and I think that is what added to the destruction of the studs. On a plus side though, I found a knuckle rebuild kit I bought from trail-gear back when I did the gears on my truck. So I had new bearings and seals. I also picked up 8 new studs, cones, washers, and nuts from Toyota this morning. I may pull the old studs out tonight and replae them with the new ones.

I think I decided that I am going to bring my spare axle as well. I just have to see how it will fit on the trailer. I'm also going to bring the canopy, since our campsite will not have any shade.

I am hoping to leave the house no later than 10:00 tomorrow. Google says it should take me about 8.5 hours. So I hope to get in around 7 or 8.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just found a Pull-a-Part in Knoxville that has like 20 toyota trucks/4runners. I think I might want to head over there one morning before we go wheeling.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Lol...we are both bringing a spare axle...well actually I disassembled mine and only have the shafts and everything from the knuckle balls out. If yours dont fit you are welcome to my spares. If you have spare hubs though bring those if you can...i have one spare dial gear but may need more lol :(

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ok. I'll bring a complete hub.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Wish more peeps would have made it on one hand....but on the other hand i'm glad there was just two of us....what a mess....i giant, steep, muddy, slippery, rocky, unnerving mess.

I wouldnt want to be anywhere else.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Awsome weekend!

Some broken parts but nothing major...both of us can drive on the trailer :woot:

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Great day today. We did about 30 miles. I ripped the drain plug out of my front diff and broke a steering arm stud. Overall it was a great trip.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
One blown trailer tire, lots of rain and stupid construction in Columbus = 11 hours to get home.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Sorry to hear :(

We made great time....had heavy traffic from just south of cincy to dayton but it was moving....didnt get much rain.

I really had fun this weekend. It wasnt what I expected per say but I really did enjoy myself....the scenery and views alone almost made it worth it to me.

My truck needs work though....gotta make it flex better and some other things.

Cant wait to do it again

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
The few pictures I took.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Premium Member