TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my check engine light came on out of no where. 2 codes came back, (1) p1135, which after searching, seems to be o2 sensor. This code(1135) suggests;
1) plugs and wires
2)vacuum leak
3)Injector fault
4)high/low fuel pressure

Truck is running fine, but it bothers me to see the light constantly. Anyone had similar issues? I just replaced the plugs and wires 3 weeks ago, and the ligth comes on yesterday :confused:
Could it be one of the packs on top of the plug(it mentions cylinder 4)

Any suggestions appriciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have a recommendation? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
The 1135 code is the front 02 sensor, it usually needs to be replaced it to fix it. The 0304 is a misfire on cyl # 4 which is the middle cyl on the drivers side. I would check to make sure you have a good connection both where the wire connects to the coil and is pushed all the way down on the plug. What kind of plugs & wires did you use? The 3.4 needs a dual ground electrode plug preferably a ngk or nippondenso and I have had the best luck with factory wires or borg warner for aftermarket wires.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 1135 code is the front 02 sensor, it usually needs to be replaced it to fix it. The 0304 is a misfire on cyl # 4 which is the middle cyl on the drivers side. I would check to make sure you have a good connection both where the wire connects to the coil and is pushed all the way down on the plug. What kind of plugs & wires did you use? The 3.4 needs a dual ground electrode plug preferably a ngk or nippondenso and I have had the best luck with factory wires or borg warner for aftermarket wires.
I used Borg Warner wires with NGK plugs...I believe that the plugs were Platinum, and do not recall them being "dual ground electrode ". I will double check the connections and see if that helps. Thanks for you help.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
All the 3.4s I have seen have a notice on the drivers side of the upper timing belt cover illustrating what type of plug to use & not to use. If the truck is running smooth I would take care of the o2 sensor first if its running rough track down the misfire first. Are you sure you have the wire connected to the right coil? The # 4 cyl plug wire (middle cyl drivers side) should connect to the #1 cyl coil(front cyl pass side).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts