TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who wants to do coils overs on his taco but was wondering If the waggy axle is wide enough. I thought I remembered a few guys using them but complaining about enough room to get the shock at the proper angle. Am I correct or does it not really matter? I thought that it would be better to do a coil spring then coil over but what do I know. Thats why I am posting this.

I know he is planing on running the 35" krawlers which is a 13.50 on a 10" rim. I think he will probably rub hard since he doesn't want to do a body lift, but maybe someone has feeedback on that also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
444 Posts
There isn't much space, but it's been done on several rigs already. My coilovers are mounted as far out on the axle as possible, which is on top of the inner "c" knuckle just inside the ball joint. Hope this helps.

-Josh.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,473 Posts
JOSHHOEFER said:
There isn't much space, but it's been done on several rigs already. My coilovers are mounted as far out on the axle as possible, which is on top of the inner "c" knuckle just inside the ball joint. Hope this helps.

-Josh.

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have used a waggy axle. They are just too narrow and don't allow for the turning radius that I like, but that is just my opinion. Others may tell you that they love their waggy axles. If it were me, I would have gone with Brian's axle from Front Range Off Road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,393 Posts
Nullifier said:
I have a friend who wants to do coils overs on his taco but was wondering If the waggy axle is wide enough. I thought I remembered a few guys using them but complaining about enough room to get the shock at the proper angle. Am I correct or does it not really matter? I thought that it would be better to do a coil spring then coil over but what do I know. Thats why I am posting this.

I know he is planing on running the 35" krawlers which is a 13.50 on a 10" rim. I think he will probably rub hard since he doesn't want to do a body lift, but maybe someone has feeedback on that also.
Mine fit fine! I mounted mine high so I could get as much tire stuff as possible. I mounted mine inbetween the kunkle mount and axle tube in that corner, I had to use some creative shock spacers to get the shock to clear at full droop on one side and the other stuffed.

I would like to also do a front range front axle, they are very pretty!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
im planning on running that axle myself with the all pro kit, cause it fits the width and bolt pattern. if one where to use AP's kit with the waggy do u think it would still pose a problem
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
Ballistic Fab sells some trick mounts for mounting coilovers on the C's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,740 Posts
CronusTRD said:
Ballistic Fab sells some trick mounts for mounting coilovers on the C's.
I will have some pics for you by the end of the day of mine mounted on a waggy axle. Like others have said, space is very limited, but it is possible
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,349 Posts
CronusTRD said:
Ballistic Fab sells some trick mounts for mounting coilovers on the C's.
x2, on the past 4 rigs i have built i have mounted the shocks or coilovers on the inner C's with the same type mounts as jeff sells.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,805 Posts
swank501 said:
I will have some pics for you by the end of the day of mine mounted on a waggy axle. Like others have said, space is very limited, but it is possible
I don't need em. My axle doesn't have C's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
ive got a diamond, and mine were mounted right on top of the axle tube before the knuckle ball. i just moved them down to right above and a little in from the steering stops and i think its great.
hwo do you get more stuff on top of a knuckle c? i get way tighter stuffing behind the axle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
nice for that, definately. i felt like it was a compromise between inherent lift and panhard, for me radius arm mounts, etc. and after driving it around, dealing with all the stuff i went behind the axle to get the front end of this thing out of the sky and allow it to stuff tighter.
just felt like it gave me more options. that and the toy knuckles wouldnt take that, unless i mounted them to my steering arms :D
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top