TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 06 4dr 4WD Lbed sport Tacoma I have installed Camburg UniBall UCAs with Swayaway 2.0 coilovers, clean install and I like the ride and everything, but some how the coils and stock sway bar are rubbing. This causes the most annoying squeaking whenever I hit any uneven surface. I ran the setup at stock level for a few weeks where they didn’t rub (That I knew of) then cranked them up to the 2.75in lift level that I wanted where it now rubs.

I bought them through wheelers and noticed that the bigger 2.5 coil over package came with a new sway bar. I thought id be fine with the stock, I didn’t think that they would actually rub though. I’ve thought about lowering the sway bar an inch or so but who knows what that will do. Another option would be getting ride of the sway bar completely but I do mostly street driving so that wouldn’t be too great id imagine but who knows.

So if anyone has any suggestions or ever heard of this please let me know.

Ps this is my first post so hopefully I did everything right

·
Registered
449 Posts
God forbid if you have to ask wheelers for assistance. I bought some SAW shocks from them that they said would work with my deavers great and they don't. They top out like crazy. I asked them if they would be will to give me a credit to get some new shocks and they said Nope. Even though they told me bad advice just to get the sale. They are horrible and I would not recommend to anyone going through them. Use Demello or Allpro or Camburg directly. I had camburg do a LT kit on my truck and they have great customer service.

·
Registered
717 Posts
first post your good. have you gotten an allignment since you raised your shocks? if not get that done it could help. if that doesnt work there is always the option to get that new sway bar.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
NorCalTRD
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing