TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeff's beautiful 2002 rig we originally built w/ AOR orbit eyes, then front 14" fox coilovers, now is sporting some 14" SAWS as well... He also exo'd it, tried an inverted radius arm setup, installed Hendrix 'X' joints on the radius arm mounts, fabbed up an even smaller bed, shortened up the wheel base, and has already put it on its lid. it drives, but is a bit too flexy for the street w/ out the swaybars on.

got pics, but cant post anything unless someone changes the 19.5kb limit.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
snowchucker said:
Jeff's beautiful 2002 rig we originally built w/ AOR orbit eyes, then front 14" fox coilovers, now is sporting some 14" SAWS as well... He also exo'd it, tried an inverted radius arm setup, installed Hendrix 'X' joints on the radius arm mounts, fabbed up an even smaller bed, shortened up the wheel base, and has already put it on its lid. it drives, but is a bit too flexy for the street w/ out the swaybars on.

email them to me... and i will get them up for you.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
527 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
snowchucker said:

Hey Chuck, a white 04 SAS truck came into my work today and had your guys' bumpers/sliders on it. I was wondering if you did the swap for him? This was in San Luis Obispo. :confused:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
BOOBANELLI21 said:
Hey Chuck, a white 04 SAS truck came into my work today and had your guys' bumpers/sliders on it. I was wondering if you did the swap for him? This was in San Luis Obispo. :confused:
I'm pretty sure that kid brought his brand new 04 up to Chuck and AJ, handed them a wad of money and they completely built it up for him. Did it have 36" IROKs?

PS- How have you been??? :cool:

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
snowchucker said:

just curious, what your opinion of the orbit eyes setup compared to a coilover setup??
what advantages and disadvantages to each.
Are his orbit eyes on both ends of the leafs?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
snowchucker said:

When you going to teach that guy how to drive? Isn't this like the 3rd time on it's top?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BOOBANELLI21 said:
yup, it was bone stock '04 w/ 2000 miles on it. Handed AJ a very large chunk of money and he completely sourced and built the truck. Must help when mommy and daddy had a ferrari in the garage when he drove it down to SLO to drop it off...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the orbit eyes run on both ends on the rear springs, and on the fronts only on the front springs. the springs are very $$$$, but ride awsome on the street. much better than any waggy spring out there. they also flex like crazy and could max out 14" fox shocks.
for normal wheeling the AOR's are perfectly fine. Those of us who go coilovers also have a habit of hammering down over the rough stuff. A way of driving which leaf springs just suck at.
On the street leafs are fine, but coilovers can be dialed in for everything---valving, spring rate, ride height, etc...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Photos

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
wow that's wicked! :eek: :cool:
NIce job chuck and AJ. What size tube did you guys use for the cage?
Also what did the wheel base end up at?

·
Retired
4,641 Posts
Thanks for the pics, Corey!

Awesome work, Chuck!

Yikes! That is fooking sweet!

It looks like a single-triangulated rear, yet I can't see any limiting strap or bumpstops.

Very nice work! Mine next, please!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts