TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 01, 4X4, V6 taco. I was thinking about getting the donahoe coil overs and the camburg upper control arms and running 32's, and I was wondering if the truck looks right with stock fenders on it or will i have to buy baja fenders for the truck? i was told that the upper control arms make the tire stick out an extra 2". should i get both or just the coil overs?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with the upper control arms with it put more wear on the cv axles?, because wont it lift the truck an extra inch?

·
Administrator
18,233 Posts
The upper control arms provide no lift. You could basically swap them with your stock arms and the suspension would be un-changed. The adjustable Donahoe coilovers are what provide the lift. From the factory, they will give you about 2" of lift before you start adjusting them. And yes, any lift above 1.5" or so will cause your CV boots to wear faster.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm running the Hoe's and Camburg UCA's as well, and running 32's. Mine are cranked a little more than 2". Occasionally at full lock the fronts will rub, but only when wheeling with lowered tire pressure. The rears rub the forward corner of the wheel well when flexed and stuffed, but only enough to rip that fender flare bottom bolt out and flex the bedside in a little.

Looks alot better than when I was still running 31's.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
Isn't this suspension tech?

Read the sig...

UCA's only provide additional down travel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts