TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 2001 tacoma d-cab. I just finished putting on a fabtech 6 inch lift and put the 3 inch revteck spacers as well but now my new spindles are hitting the front strut coils. I don't get how to adjust them to not hit anymore. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
663 Posts
You might search on the board about combining lifts. I don't think it is a good idea...:2cents:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
no genius here but from what i read i think i might be able to enlighten you somewhat.... first off your not very intelligent at all to have stacked a lift like that. 2nd, it sounds like by adding the spacer you have made the c/o assembly longer than what it was designed to be, and thus is pushes down the lower control arm more, which pulls the spindle inward. the spindle does not move perfectly parallel with the frame, it parallel and in and out also, in a radiused fashion. you have offset the geometry so much it is pulling the spindle into the coil. :2cents:

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
Hey I have a 2001 tacoma d-cab. I just finished putting on a fabtech 6 inch lift and put the 3 inch revteck spacers as well but now my new spindles are hitting the front strut coils. I don't get how to adjust them to not hit anymore. any help would be appreciated.
Whoever told you to do that is a dumbass.

Take the spacer out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts