TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've been reading and reading, seems one of the drawbacks to a cold air intake is "heat soak" when iddling around town. Wouldn't putting some heat shielding on the CAI help with this by shileding it from some radiant heat from the engine? I dont have a scangauge so i dont have any real way of testing intake air temps but in my simple mind this seems to make sense. Any one agree?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well its a good idea, I'm sure it'd be good for 0.00498 hp (and a nano second off the quarter mile time).

I think the point of most cold air intakes is to draw in clean, fresh, and relativly cool air from out side and to do so with minimal flow restriction. Weather or not the air is 70 or 73 degrees is irrelavant because when you are using the power its going to be sucking a lot of air. It doesn't really matter if its 150 degrees when you're idling.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Well its a good idea, I'm sure it'd be good for 0.00498 hp (and a nano second off the quarter mile time).

I think the point of most cold air intakes is to draw in clean, fresh, and relativly cool air from out side and to do so with minimal flow restriction. Weather or not the air is 70 or 73 degrees is irrelavant because when you are using the power its going to be sucking a lot of air. It doesn't really matter if its 150 degrees when you're idling.
X2, but the colder air is better for the motor.

The reason I was picky about the Outlaw is because I paid so much for a "CAI" and all I got was a bunch of hot air.

At least Outlaw was very willing to work with me to get everything sorted out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts