TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a silver 01 db cab and thinking of color matching my all my black and chrome parts(bumper, grill, mirrors, flares, door handles) to silver. i want a new look and wondering if anyone has any pictures of someone that has done this with silver. also ill be getting some black wheels soon and might keep the mirrors black to match. any opinions welcome. thanks :cool:

·
Registered
230 Posts
look through
http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5589
I am sure you will see many pictures of color matched grilles, mirrors, etc. I personally love the look, and if I had the money I would even do it on my 95. Paint it all silver, and the black wheels will look great IMO.

·
Registered
984 Posts
It may be cheaper and easier to track down the color-keyed components from a 2001 - 2004 SR5 Color-Keyed Package and / or the Limited Package. Silver (Lunar Mist) was one of the colors for which the color-keyed parts were available.

I'm not sure about the color-keyed mirrors, though ...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Heh, I've got the chrome front... been thinking about prepping and painting it black, since my flares are black...

·
Registered
597 Posts
dibbz said:
i have a silver 01 db cab and thinking of color matching my all my black and chrome parts(bumper, grill, mirrors, flares, door handles) to silver. i want a new look and wondering if anyone has any pictures of someone that has done this with silver. also ill be getting some black wheels soon and might keep the mirrors black to match. any opinions welcome. thanks :cool:
mine is lunar mist with color matched bumpers frontand rear with flares too, i dont think any came with the mirrors done but i know the four runners did, you may be able to snag some mirrors off a four runner, i am leavin my mirrors black cause i have an arb and soon a custom rear bumper that are both black and sometimes the mirrors get to meet trees occassionally :D and that means i would have to touch up all the time, i doo like the flares painted cuase they wont get the chalky stuff on them or fade like the unpainted black ones get

here is an old pic of mine

http://www.ttora.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1517&cat=500&ppuser=7207&sl=b

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice truck backwoodsboy. yeah i think im gonna leave the mirrors black because im getting some black steels and some sliders soon so it'll match and in the near future an arb bumper. at first i didnt like the painted flares but mine are all faded now.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
just out of curiosity, has anybody color matched the grill on a 97-00 tacoma?

·
Registered
947 Posts
gregers05 said:
just out of curiosity, has anybody color matched the grill on a 97-00 tacoma?
I painted everything black. Bumpers, and emblems too. I think the dark green would look weird color matched. Silver, Red, Tan would look cool.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
yeah my truck is black so it might look ok if i painted the grill black. idk just a thought

·
Registered
129 Posts
I bought a 03 silver DC new with the color-keyed bumpers and flares. I have since installed a Demello front bumper, so my silver one is just sitting out in the side yard if you're interested. Where are you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts