TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great weekend with everyone despite the multiple breaks our group had. didnt get any pics myself, but i know others did so post them up!

Mod edit: Pics will include-
* Flat Tops (Friday)
* Camping and Night run (all the time)
* Holy Cross (Saturday)
* Mosquito Pass (Sunday)
* John and Mel back home (Sunday/Monday)

A Special thanks to The Jeep Guy for his willingness to never leave a guy behind and go home and then all the way back up for Nate's rig which had serious alignment issues.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
made it back just in time for all my obligations and an evening bike ride. dont think i took a single pic. cant wait to see the ones molly has from the night run! Glowcubes!

John and Mel, great meeting both of you. hopefully we'll see you again soon whether its in AZ or up here!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Great Group, GREAT wheeling. I am uploading pics NOW! Ike I gotta rename this thread though, kinda vague ;)

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Camp Pics and HC Night Run

Some of the camping and night run pics:

Nate's rig stuffed to the gills with dead wood!

Shawn (theJeepGuy) Trying to weld the taint (I mean fire) poker.

Jade came to visit us with the El Camino!

Then he (Jade) had a problem of glowing nuts.

The GLOWING night run begins! (1st part of HC to a little above the bail out)

Jay fixing his glow cube...

Glowing antenna are the coolest!

The rest of this night is in video ;)

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Holy Cross Saturday - On the way up:

John (Stealth4x4) from AZ

Jay taking a hard line (obstacle right before french creek)

Ike on same obstacle

Stryper chews it UP!

The CoTTORA Slow Kid along for the ride!

(Again I have more vid of this and Melanie has even more pics... Don't worry I WILL make this video this week! I mean CoTTORA HC is becoming legend!... especially since ass hats from no where will go through all the PITA to sign up and post about us :neener: )

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Ill get my pics up, and update later.

Trucks pretty thrashed. Looks nothing like it did wednesday night... thats for sure.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
:kewl:

Shawn is good peeps.....

We too had a good time this weekend, although no other Toys were there this trip. :(

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
French Creek:

TheJeepGuy Walks it.

Ron doesn't.

*#^[email protected] LAYLA! She found a dead Elk and rolled in it. OOOH I was so pissed. She REAKED! Got some Fast orange and scrubbed her as best I could.

Nate's (00RegCab) Rig parked while we winched Ron out.

And then I am missing a BUNCH of French Creek pics cuz I went to help Troy fix Ron's busted CV. (Hoping Melanie has pics)

MrDoug got through just fine!

As did Scooter (Josh)

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Ike didn't like the tippy line we had him on the root above French Creek!

MrDoug acted fine with it.

Stryper had the SA line dialed in

Rigs coming up to Holy Cross City

Troy leading up to Cleveland Rock

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Cleveland Rock:

One of the Jeeps in front of us made many attempts and finally made it.

Kinda fun watching him go down! (Tippy)

Shawn (theJeepGuy) Unstacked the super-highway that had been stacked from jeeps before him.

So he had a MUCH harder time because there was no stacked rocks. He gave up after a respectable few tries.

Layla, all clean and fresh from her Anti-Dead Elk bath managed to completely tangle herself while watching.

John, (Stealth4x4) didn't drive 14 hours NOT to at least try Cleveland rock!

The Strap crew:

Scooter got the Munny award for making it up (2nd time that week) - I have lots more vid of this!

The way back down. MrDoug on the Root!

Nate (00RegCab) lines up

Glad Ron's new shoes were nice and grippy!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Ok I need to go through my vids and make stills of the cool-ass wheel stand pics we got going back down in french creek. I will do that tomorrow. But for now, here are the stills I already have ;)

00RegCab and Mr Doug

MrDoug had some sexy wheel stand action!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I'm gonna have to do flat tops and Misquito pass tomorrow ;) I am wiped!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looks like a good hard run with a fair bit of crawling. I'll be interested to see the Mosquito pics - in the interest of time and the unknown I bailed on it coming back home Friday (and still got home late doing what we did instead).

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You would make mosquito. There are a few rocky spots that would make you nervous, but you would make it without issue no the less.

·
Registered
431 Posts
You would make mosquito. There are a few rocky spots that would make you nervous, but you would make it without issue no the less.
It was more the rented stock Nissan Pathfinder my parents were trailing me with that I was worried about after reading the Traildamage description of a section where 'stock SUVs may get turned back here'. The time thing not knowing how long it would take to get over and the potential of having to come back down the same side and just lose the time was the big thing, as they wanted an 'early evening' before driving back to IN the following day.

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We saw a stock first gen tundra up there and a stock full size chevy, so i am sure they could have made it. But you are right in leaning twoards the side of caution in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 177 Posts