TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 DC, with OME lift.

We had a great off road trip in Colorado! Spent 6 days there. First day we ran Mineral pass, engineer pass, and Cinnamon Pass, all form up the Alpine loop. We ran Black Bear pass the next day (Everybody said we would have a hard time with the Taco because the long wheelbase and large turning radius), made it no problem! Third day was Imogene pass. We ran a bunch the last day, Yankee boy pass, governors gulch in the morning. Met up with friends and ended up running a class 5 that everyone said we wouldn't make in the Taco. They especially said not to run it in the rain. We ended up running corkscrew gulch, hurricane pass in the late afternoon, Phoughkeepski Gulch is a class five and we ran it in the rain and at night! Lots of fun, plan on going again next year!

Black bear pass is awesome!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks like you had a fun trip! I really need to get out to that part of the state.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Love that area. I ran Black Bear a couple years back in an 05 Tacoma with no issues except for some wet slippery shale that had me slidin' a bit...just gotta take it slow and do a few 6 point turns! The views of Telluride and the canyon below are amazing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts