TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I saw this on the news...lmao this dude sounds high or something! Ha. My Dad and I were driving around trying to find things like this...he saw a car hit curb so hard its trunk popped open lol

·
7,735 Posts
Hilarious :lmao::lmao:

I only wish my truck was parked out there. I could use some insurance covered body work :D

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
It took us 2 hours to get from Union/Dublin to the f'n airport; so many wrecks... a Chevy HHR nailed a curb and folded the control arm in half; the wheel was laying back by the passenger's door. Good stuff.

>>Dan

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Driving on that road right now (note I'm a passenger) there's still a crap ton of smashed cars sitting here haha

·
Registered
726 Posts
first off im a NOOB too snow driving so please dont flame me lol.. what do you guys do too avoid this? just dont drive that day? bag tires down really low??

·
Registered
523 Posts
First of all if your going up a hill momentum will help.....and don't stop on the hill like the dumb white found on road dead......oops I mean ford.........you want to try not to spin the tires but keep your momentum up if your going up if your going down use your gears untill you actually want to stop then put the vehicle in neutral that way your motor isn't trying to push your tires............and if you start sliding......pump breaks and try to steer away from all the cars that are in the way........hit a fence, pole, ditch anything but other cars

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yeah, once you atart sliding, the first rule is to get off the brakes. They do nothing but make you slide more. Stay off the brakes and steer away from anything important like stated above. When you are on your brakes, steering does not do anything.

·
Registered
746 Posts
One of the best things you can do for learning to drive in snow is find someplace, like a big church or school parking lot, on a snowy day and then just practice. Practice controlling slides and braking. Learn what 4WD does and doesn't do for you (it will get you going, but not a bit of good for braking). Learn what downshifting will do and not do. Sometimes downshifting at the wrong time can cause a slide on its own. And the best advice I can give is to give yourself plenty of time to get from point A to point B. Getting in a hurry when road conditions are bad is the downfall of most folks. Only go as fast as road conditions and your comfort level allow.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts